How Do I Make The Landing Gear Lower Into Place For FS2002 AC?

casey jones

I still have FS8 but I would like to make the AC landing gear lock into place on the runway. I have two

of Mr Dome's Piper commanche, Cessna C1J Citation, I would like to continue them in FS9. It appears

that most of the AC in FS8 does not show the landing gear in FS9.

Thanks For Any Advice

Casey

Some FS2k2 aircraft were continuations of projects from earlier versions of FS and the animations are not compatible with FS9. Have been told this cannot be corrected without having the original model files to edit; probably easier to build new.

I use many older planes for AI (lower poly so better fps) and missing landing gear, props, etc. are common.

I still have FS8 but I would like to make the AC landing gear lock into place on the runway. I have two

of Mr Dome's Piper commanche, Cessna C1J Citation, I would like to continue them in FS9. It appears

that most of the AC in FS8 does not show the landing gear in FS9.

Proper FS2002 aircraft should work fine in FS2004, as JGF suggests I suspect you are actually dealing with FS2000 models, which probably worked OK in FS2002.

It is a long time since I have done this (I no longer use any FS2000 aircraft) but I think this should work:

1. On the keyboard, press Windows key and R. Enter %appdata% in the box.
  2. Navigate to Microsoft\FS9\AIRCRAFT
  3. Delete the directory for the aircraft concerned.
  4. Next time you load the aircraft, this will be recreated, but you will get a message box along the lines of:
    "has detected aircraft with non-compatible features" allowing you the option of disabling them. Respond "No" and DO NOT disable them.

From my experience, this always allowed the landing gear to display correctly and I encountered no issues. But if you have any problems you can just delete the same directory and start again.

I hope I have got that correct, as I say it has been a long time.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking further on this, what I recommeded may be detrimental.

If you find you start experiencing occasional "C++ Runtime Error R6025" errors, my "fix" may be responsible. If so you will have to repeat the above process and answer "yes" to revert to the non-working landing gear,

I need to give some thought and a lot of further testing to come up with a definitive solution on this before being certain.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Archived