Default nav gauge 737-400

BONDENO

Which aircraft is it? I don't mean what type but what is the filename.zip of the file you downloaded and on what site did you find this addon that has the gauge in your image.

Also explain what plane you want to install it in. And if you want it on the 2d panel or the 3d vc.

To be able to help out we have to know what files you are looking at. Maybe download them ourselves to work out what's what.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ZIP File is psb737f downloaded on this site. the plane i want to download gauge on is default 737-400 , 2d and 3d panel, not sure if there is a copyright issue though, but if you know of any type of this sort of nav gauge i could use would be great. find the one in the default 737 a little old fashioned thanks

Can I assume you have this aircraft from psb737f.zip installed in your Sim? Did you let the auto-installer put it there? (I installed it to a temp folder and Norton antivirus warned of a TROJAN). Maybe a false report?? Anywho, look in the panel.cfg for MFD in both [window.0] and [vcockpit] and you may be lucky enough just to copy and paste the MFD gauge= line into the corresponding lines in the 737-400 panel.cfg.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I should explain, I don't have fs2004, just fsx.)

"Installed", found so far:

the setup is:

-basic files in the aircraft/aircraftname folder.

-extra panel files in a central location

-gauges in central location too

-a utility, to change central location files ?? Not sure, but two panel configs can be chosen with a utility. Have not looked in detail, but you can choose between "copilot" and "no copilot".

I think running the utility changes the central files somehow.

Problems for me when checking:

--Aircraft installs in fs9 folder by default. That can be changed to fsx folder, but the installed folders contain no gauges.

-Panel files and gauges in central location are installed to:

"c/progr files (x86)/microsoft games/flight simulator 9

that can not be changed.

that folder contains the panel gaugefiles for the aircraft.

So even though the aircraft is/are now installed in my fsx in:

/FSX/Aircraft

(In fsx they should be in FSX/SImobjects/Airplanes, but thaqt can probably be fixed)

I find the gauges in:

c/progr files (x86)/microsoft games/flight simulator 9/gauges.

(had nothing there yet, so were easy to find.)

---

I think the central location thing is there, so you can switch between having a copilot setup and not having that.

I will stick to the setup it is now, and try pulling all needed files together into the fsx folder to see if I can even get things to show up.

-----

So, you now have the location of the gauges.

Maybe that's enough already, but still, read the following document as well:

"How to use our Sounds or Panels in your other aircraft.pdf"

You will find it in the unzipped folder:

psb737f.zip

in:

...\psb737f\actual_files

It is about how to use the whole panel of the psb737f in another aircraft. (vc too perhaps)

I didn't read the full document, but it is clearly explained.

Make sure to make backups of your original fiels before changing if you try that.

The document is not about moving a single gauge I think, but still well worth reading.

I have no time to fiddle with the files further now.

Is the info so far enough? Have you moved/installed gauges before?

Or do you need the full 1-2-3 step by step explanation?

Also, did you install the additional file psb737ud?

-----

Ah, I see mrZippy already located the gauge line you need. In that case I think you're pretty much set to go.

If not, I'll count on mrZippy to guide you through.:rolleyes:

(I don't have the fs2004 737-400, so giving you the new gauge coordinates is easier for him to do.)

Enjoy!

(And thank you mrZ:rolleyes:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, like il, I use Brand X Sim. I have 2 screenshots of the 737-400 2D cockpit only with a before and after. I am assuming you want to change out the HSI for something more modern. I used the MFD from the CRJ-700. This is very crude and not refined. It is a sample only!

B4

Normal 737-400 2D panel.JPG

After

737-400 2d with new mfd.JPG

Here is the sample of what I changed in the panel.cfg.

[Window00]

file=Main_640.bmp

file_1024=Main_1024.bmp

size_mm=640

position=7

visible=1

ident=MAIN_PANEL

gauge00=737-400!Airspeed, 0, 64

gauge01=737-400!Flaps, 586, 64

gauge02=737-400!Altimeter, 237, 45

gauge03=737-400!Vertical Speed, 238, 128

gauge04=737-400!Fuel Quantity, 236, 204

gauge05=737-400!Main Set, 335, 85

gauge06=737-400!OMI Lights, 1, 153

gauge07=737-400!Oil, 468, 85

gauge08=737-400!Clock, 17, 147

gauge09=737-400!RMI, 1, 211

gauge10=Bombardier_CRJ_700!mfd, 88, 169, 170, 188 //gauge10=737-400!HSI, 86, 162

gauge11=737-400!ADI, 85, 39

Note the red is the old HSI. The slashes tell the Sim to ignore it!

I'm out. It's giving me a headache.

I installed directly in the fsx folder. Bad idea, because the gauges ended up in my gauges folder. Loads of them. And the uninstaller did not remove those.

In fsx only the 2D panel showed, and only a few gauges. 90% of them were "fS'98 or earlier". That will be different in fs9 where these gauges should show fine.

Good luck, I hope you manage to find the gauge you need in the folder I indicated earlier.

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all your input guys, i really hope i have not broke any ones computer with you messing with gauges etc, i am still trying to put it on will let you know how i go on.

No problem on my system! I guess il88pp had a bad time with that download. Good luck!

Archived