ActiveSky

Jive1

Hey!

Still flying in FS2004 and using Activesky Weather program. I have FSUIPC 3.999z8 registered, I have Activesky version 6 and FS2004 registered version..

All are the same as they were since several years.

Now since I had to re-install Activesky recently; each time it keeps on telling now the following:

"fs is not yet connected - default 0/0 coordinates heve been loaded... Please load a flight plan to set proper location...

Whatever I try to do, no luck, and the problem is that wherever I fly, the weather does not change, I have on the whole world the same weather now....

What can I do to fix this?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

the problem is that wherever I fly, the weather does not change, I have on the whole world the same weather now....

What can I do to fix this?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

You're out of luck. A friend of mine has this problem and was told that Active Sky 6 is no longer supported and no weather downloads available for it either. Very shoddy. He tried to get Active Sky Evolution, the only one they had left for FS2004 but it's no longer available on their website (only an update can be downloaded). I upgraded to Evolution a few years ago and weather downloads are still being provided...but for how long?

Hey! JSkorna,

Sorry, re-installing FSUIPC does not help....

Hey! BTRJet,

I experienced this morning exactly the same things. ASE is not available on their site, I downloaded the update, but cannot use it without the original ASE.

I will have to try another program, FSGlobal Real Weather.

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

You're out of luck. A friend of mine has this problem and was told that Active Sky 6 is no longer supported and no weather downloads available for it either. Very shoddy. He tried to get Active Sky Evolution, the only one they had left for FS2004 but it's no longer available on their website (only an update can be downloaded). I upgraded to Evolution a few years ago and weather downloads are still being provided...but for how long?

Do you understand why AS 6 weather is no longer available while Evolution weather still is?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Yep, because AS 6 used the weather servers from NOAA for its data and a few years back NOAA moved its data to different servers. At the time AS 6 was too old of software to update for the new servers so live weather was lost. Also, at the time there were other AS programs that worked with FS2004 and AS had its own data servers. That is why others still had live data.

There are no more FS2004 weather programs from AS being sold because AS made the business decision to move on from FS2004 to the newer flight sims.

There are no more FS2004 weather programs from AS being sold because AS made the business decision to move on from FS2004 to the newer flight sims.

I can understand why this business decision was made but, when AS6 live weather downloads were ended and ASE no longer being sold generally, why couldn't AS offer their existing AS6 customers only a free upgrade (with no tech support or further program updates) to ASE or even at a reduced price so they could continue to enjoy live AS weather in FS9? I know my friend would have been quite happy to go down this road.

Hey!

BTRJET,

Very good suggestion!

If all FS2004 users could have a free upgrade AS6, on demand to manufacturer, that would be extremely lovely, if the manufacturer of AS6 would only do so!

I would be very satisfied!

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

I can understand why this business decision was made but, when AS6 live weather downloads were ended and ASE no longer being sold generally, why couldn't AS offer their existing AS6 customers only a free upgrade (with no tech support or further program updates) to ASE or even at a reduced price so they could continue to enjoy live AS weather in FS9? I know my friend would have been quite happy to go down this road.

Guys,

There were multiple AS programs being offered for sale, even at a discount, long after the AS6 weather stopped working. It's not like this just happened in the past few days; it was years ago. You should have switched programs way back then. Now you can find another weather program or you can update to FSX, XP11, or P3D.

Yep, because AS 6 used the weather servers from NOAA for its data and a few years back NOAA moved its data to different servers. At the time AS 6 was too old of software to update for the new servers so live weather was lost. Also, at the time there were other AS programs that worked with FS2004 and AS had its own data servers. That is why others still had live data.

It is strange how the VATSIM weather coincidentally simply stopped working around the same time on this product too.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Hey guys, if I may jump in here a moment, there is another option for a great FS9 weather engine. It is called FSrealWX. It is only a weather engine, and doesn't include any textures for the sky, clouds, etc. You will need to obtain those elsewhere. It works great and retrieves current weather data rapidly from the NOAA and VATSIM networks via the internet. It will work with or without the FSUIPC module being registered and was designed for both FS2004 and FSX.

http://www.fsrealwx.net/

Ignore the reported cost of $20.00 and the advertised 20-day trial. The program is totally free and will remain so according to the owner whom I have spoken with about the cost & 20-day trial period message. He said it was only there because the software they selected already had it in the code - however it will remain free. I hope this helps anyone who misses the realism of "live" weather in FS2004. Now you can enjoy it again. ~Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Guys,

or you can update to FSX, XP11, or P3D.

Going to ctds, ooms, washed out graphics, cartoon clouds, lack of airpors/LC(xp11], low fps isn’t ‘updating’. It’s very much backwards.

I guess ASE still works for many. FSGRW is current and works very well for me. And the FSrealWX free program does a great job as well.

So, plenty of options available. :)

Hey guys, if I may jump in here a moment, there is another option for a great FS9 weather engine. It is called FSrealWX. It is only a weather engine, and doesn't include any textures for the sky, clouds, etc. You will need to obtain those elsewhere. It works great and retrieves current weather data rapidly from the NOAA and VATSIM networks via the internet. It will work with or without the FSUIPC module being registered and was designed for both FS2004 and FSX.

http://www.fsrealwx.net/

Ignore the reported cost of $20.00 and the advertised 20-day trial. The program is totally free and will remain so according to the owner whom I have spoken with about the cost & 20-day trial period message. He said it was only there because the software they selected already had it in the code - however it will remain free. I hope this helps anyone who misses the realism of "live" weather in FS2004. Now you can enjoy it again. ~Glenn

That MIGHT be true, but it doesnt seem to be the case with what I looked it. That it does actually cost money. And thats the only way to get it.

Actually, that would have to be the most miserable website in existence. No link to any of them.

The free version while good (cant remember where i got it but somewhere the moons aligned and i downloaded it from somewhere), was maybe not quite accurate. But it is free so, yeah. :p

But good luck finding a link to download it. > edit > its at jyoungsim. Thats the 'lite' version. Lite on accuracy but it works.

That MIGHT be true, but it doesnt seem to be the case with what I looked it. That it does actually cost money. And thats the only way to get it.

Actually, that would have to be the most miserable website in existence. No link to any of them.

The free version while good (cant remember where i got it but somewhere the moons aligned and i downloaded it from somewhere), was maybe not quite accurate. But it is free so, yeah. :p

But good luck finding a link to download it. > edit > its at jyoungsim. Thats the 'lite' version. Lite on accuracy but it works.

You have to register with the website and then sign in. At that time you get access to the download links.

Archived