attention FS2004 users

Captain Andy Poppens

attention my fellow flight simmers Gary and the team at UK2000 is going to release Belfast City and Guernsey after that they're not going to make anymore FS2004 sceneries

this is unbelievable I mean after this they are going to release sceneries we have be waiting a long time for and they are only going to make them for FSX and P3D

here's the sceneries they are going to release after Belfast City and Guernsey

Bournemouth

Belfast int Remake

Bristol Remake

Southampton

Inverness

Isle of Man

Newquay

with the exception of the Belfast int Remake and the Bristol remake we have been waiting for these sceneries for a long because no one has bothered to make a freeware scenery for them and yet they're only going to release them for FSX and P3D? what an insult

I would encourage all of you reading this to contact Gary to voice our desires further and encourage him to make a few more for FS2004!!!!!!!!!!

We want more Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
attention my fellow flight simmers Gary and the team at UK2000 is going to release Belfast City and Guernsey after that they're not going to make anymore FS2004 sceneries

this is unbelievable I mean after this they are going to release sceneries we have be waiting a long time for and they are only going to make them for FSX and P3D

Bournemouth

Belfast int Remake

Bristol Remake

Southampton

Inverness

Isle of Man

Newquay

with the exception of the Belfast int Remake and the Bristol remake we have been waiting for these sceneries for a long because no one has bothered to make a freeware scenery for them and yet they're only going to release them for FSX and P3D? what an insult

I would encourage all of you reading this to contact Gary to voice our desires further and encourage him to make a few more for FS2004!!!!!!!!!!

this is an insult to all that have purchased uk2000 for fs9

Gary has been making fs scenery for the last 14 or 15 years, and I was buying his annual issue of 15 or 20 UK airfields way back then. "Buying" is the main word there, and if FS9 doesn't provide the return that justifies his efforts then why would you expect anything different? I would like him to go on, but it has to work in both directions.

As much as I'm disappointed by the decision I can't fault developers for moving on for the reasons noted by Roger. The pool of potential buyers of new FS9 scenery is not expanding because anyone just coming to flight simulation will not start with FS9. Those of us still with FS9 likely have everything in the catalogue so no income there for developers. The relatively small number of us still devoted to FS9 and buying scenery isn't enough obviously. I think we should appreciate the fact Gary kept with FS9 for so long after other developers dropped our favourite sim years ago. Disappointment but understanding is generally the sentiment over in the UK2000 forums by the FS9 stalwarts. We will have to rely on developers like Roger who do this as a hobby and not for their livelihood.

Greg

Bournemouth

Belfast int Remake

Bristol Remake

Southampton

Inverness

Isle of Man

Newquay

So what you are actually saying is you want the developer to lose money just to satisfy your need to use an archaic simulator? More power to Gary and his move. Your request is as absurd as asking Atari to make more games for the Atari 2600 gaming system.

So what you are actually saying is you want the developer to lose money just to satisfy your need to use an archaic simulator?

That 'archaic' simulator' still betters the 'modern' simulators by a fair margin. Embarrassing to say the least for these 'modern' simulators. Simpsons cartoon V4. Dear oh dear.

By the way, your avatar is simply the worst I've ever seen on any forum. Anywhere, anytime. But whatever. :)

Greg puts in more effort for each of his sceneries than I do, by far. And we both find that we spend a lot more time making scenery than we do using FS9. By far. And not all parts of scenery making are fun. I sometimes wonder when I too will cut and run, in my case for the pleasure of using Orbx scenery and maybe converting my own little bits of Canada and Alaska to fit in with their far superior landclass.

If you talented scenery guys should think of moving on... I'd say make a clean break from the legacy sims with all their warts, and see what Aerofly FS2 offers.

They've just gone public, and what's there is pretty good.

But there's lots of room for creating amazing new stuff :pilot:

Archived