FS9 crashing when flying in the N/E US.

nightowl56

When flying in the northeast and central US area (OH-MI-PA-DC-NY ectc.) My flight sim will just shut off (whole game stops running - Blank screen and game itself stops.) it's seens to fly fine in other areas. Could this be a scenery issue? I had alot of Military works AI addons which I have removed but the problem still happens. Is there a way to reload only the scenery for this area without loosing everything else?

first thing I would try is disabling ai traffic, could be a bad texture file on an ai aircraft. next thing i would do is download a program called flusifix available from http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/flusifix_en.htm and then run the tool for checking title= entries in aircraft.cfg files to make sure there are no duplicate entries in any ai aircraft.cfg files.

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

Rather than adding the areas one by one, especially if there are a lot, use the mathematical method of interval bisection! That is add half of the areas. If there is no fault, then add half of the rest and so on until you find the "half" with the faulty area, then you can keep bisecting the faulty "half" until you have isolated the rogue!

This sounds like a very old East Coast problem. Cannot recall the fix. Should be identified in an old thread. Try and search old related threads here and at Avsim for an answere. Best of luck in your search. There is a fix out there somewhere. Roy. PS. Try Bermuda area (nothig to do with the area superstitions). It is a scenery problem, possibly with the scenery shipping in that area.

Wasn't there an issue with fall textures when FS9 first came out? I seem to remember the sim just crashing to a black screen at times until an update was put out. It's been so long since I installed FS9 I could be wrong. But I seem to remember some type of fall texture issues.

Archived