FS9 ain't dead and gone

Allen Craig

Very much agree with this thread title! Made many attempts to go to FSX but more and more I did, I was convinced to go back to FS9. Please! do not want to knock FSX, I am sure it has its advantages.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Same here. I have been using FS9 since the day it was released. Tried FSX and went back to FS9 the next day. I also love the older aircraft and like to fly the old fashioned way. About 99% of the time I am flying the HJG B727 or HJG DC9. I love the old birds and the old way of flying.

I was at FlightSim 2017 a couple of weeks ago and saw several bits of software that I would like on my sim, but they are written for FSX. Then I look at my FS9 setup and the large amount of aircraft and scenery that I have built up over 13 years, and decide that FS9 will do nicely, thank you!

After trying FSX with all the bells and whistles, PMDG, Orbx ground and airports, I moved on to FS9 after being left complete underwhelmed by how poor FSX can be.

P3Dud seems no better with washed out graphics and a zillion visually enhancements to make it, well, enhanced to a reasonable level.

The clouds seem like theyre from fs84. Dear oh dear. 64 bits and 63 of them over rated.

I still see it ctds. Lol. Oh well. Such a shame. :D

I've stayed with FS9 for numerous reasons.

After buying my oncologist a new house and putting my dentist's kids through college I've nothing left for a new computer that would do justice to FSX, so my copy has been buried in the hall closet for years.

While screenshots indicate FSX would look nicer for my preferred "low-and-slow" flying, its reputation for instability and incompatibility make me wonder if the aggravation (and ensuing increase in blood pressure, not to mention inventorying my vast stock of unacceptable language) is worth the eye candy.

And just plain inertia. With so much time and money invested in FS9, at my age I just don't want to start all over again, especially for something as "quirky" as FSX.

After buying my oncologist a new house and putting my dentist's kids through college I've nothing left for a new computer that would do justice to FSX, so my copy has been buried in the hall closet for years.

While screenshots indicate FSX would look nicer for my preferred "low-and-slow" flying, its reputation for instability and incompatibility make me wonder if the aggravation (and ensuing increase in blood pressure, not to mention inventorying my vast stock of unacceptable language) is worth the eye candy.

And just plain inertia. With so much time and money invested in FS9, at my age I just don't want to start all over again, especially for something as "quirky" as FSX.

Ditto here as well.

+1. I would have to be dragged away, kicking and a screamin.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Hello friends - loooong time no talk.

The title of this thread grabbed my attention, because as most of you might remember, I am a FIRM supporter of FS2004. It is and always has been my #1 favorite flight simulator of all time. Properly setup, it looks absolutely fantastic and is rock-solid/smooth and totally beautiful! What more can a guy ask for? Hahaha - have a great weekend everybody. ~Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Archived