Thread: Odd Error Message Installing A2A Cub

Default Odd Error Message Installing A2A Cub

I've had a lot of problems with P3D v3 and had to reinstall clean. This is nothing new as I have had to do this before. I had the A2A Cub running great for years in P3D. Today I tried to re install it and got a message I have never seen before. I attached a picture. It is telling me I have to run the installer as an Admin. Well, I AM! I went to CMD and made sure. Any ideas???
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It appears to be a permissions thing, but the same type of exception can occur in windows when a file browser, or a notepad file, or other app is open, in the destination of a folder that you or an installer are trying to manipulate. This can be further confirmed when attempting the install a second time and having the error persist when at admin level. Consider ruling out the file browser question if this is the case -

Quote Originally Posted by okdaley View Post
    It appears to be a permissions thing, but the same type of exception can occur in windows when a file browser, or a notepad file, or other app is open, in the destination of a folder that you or an installer are trying to manipulate. This can be further confirmed when attempting the install a second time and having the error persist when at admin level. Consider ruling out the file browser question if this is the case -
    And today I turn on my computer, get a Windows 10 update. Decide to try again, do all the very same things I did yesterday....it works. Windows 10......not sure about this pushing of updates the way they do.