Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unable to reinstall FSX

1. Default Unable to reinstall FSX

Periodically I reinstall my OS. I like clean restarts. My HP allows me, with a few clics, to reinstall Windows 10 from scrap. Recently, unfortunately, I am unable to load FSX (original cd's). I even tried with another copy. Same result. Never had this problem in the past.

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

...and...

Error: - 1603 Fatal error during installation. Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.

Any suggestions?

2. Default

Use resetsldl.exe
    explained here for example:
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...lation-problem

3. Default

Thank you for you suggestion, but my problem is different than the one you mentioned. I'm talking about a "clean" start that will not load FSX anymore (with original cd's and another copy lent to me).

4. Default

Same problem. Remove registry entry's wit resetsldl.exe then reinstall.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    Same problem. Remove registry entry's wit resetsldl.exe then reinstall.
    I tried, but no change. We are talking about a clean start from scrap and original game cd's.

Error 1722 in Google Search results: Check if the Installer Service is running. Click Start, Click Run and type “Services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter . . etc.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by okdaley View Post
    Error 1722 in Google Search results: Check if the Installer Service is running. Click Start, Click Run and type “Services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter . . etc.
    I probably sound boring because I keep repeating the same things. We are talking about a procedure that I have already done "successfully" in the past. Reinstalling from scrap Windows 10 using the HP F11 procedure. And then reinstalling FSX. It has always worked up until this time. It sounds to me as if the Windows original installer is corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by gordiani View Post
    Reinstalling from scrap
    I hope you mean installing from scratch! Scrap=junk

Are your discs in good shape with no marks, fingerprints, or other damage?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    I hope you mean installing from scratch! Scrap=junk

Are your discs in good shape with no marks, fingerprints, or other damage?
    Sorry, from scratch... I had that same doubt, so I got a hand on two other copies of FSX. Same response...

When you have FSX installed and re-install the OS (Win 10 in this case) the registry will not have the FSX entries. When you install FSX the OS will write those entries. Best to un-install FSX. Use the above 'reset' tool. Then re-install FSX. Otherwise you will have a mess (if you don't already). FSX writes to C drive even if you install FSX to D drive. When you re-install the OS those files will no longer be there. Garbage in-Garbage out. Do it right.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast