Using a 2nd PC

jagjockey

I am running FSX on a Pc that constantly returns 30fps. I also have a second pc that although not quite as good as the first one, still used to run FSX fine.

Question: Is there anyway I could use this 2nd pc to take some load off of the 1st pc?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Al. (jagjockey)

I have a second computer that I run, not so much to lessen the work load, but to use the computer for other chores as not to interrupt my flight to look up information. I use three programs to make the searching easier. First I have the computers on a Home-group. Also I have FSUIPC with the wide client. And the other program I use is Synergy, which allows me to use one keyboard and mouse for both computers.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Having a second computer won't take much of a load off FSX, but it will offload some things that consume CPU cycles and that will help FSX a bit.

I use a second PC for Little NavMap, AS016, Super Traffic Board and a couple other apps. Also as the previous poster mentioned it great for looking at airport diagrams, approach plates, etc.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

Archived