Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to shift an airfields position?

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Not moved, but REmoved (or maybe it's EXCLUDED -- it's been a while). I've done many.
    So did I. And you're right, it's called EXCLUDED btw.
    What I wanted to make clear is that, Prokey or no Prokey, the airport background will never move with the airport with just one instruction.

Wim

Quote Originally Posted by f16jockey_2 View Post
    So did I. And you're right, it's called EXCLUDED btw.
    What I wanted to make clear is that, Prokey or no Prokey, the airport background will never move with the airport with just one instruction.

Wim
    True enough...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

"Do you have any idea the logistics involved with moving an entire airport??"

They actually did that with Kai Tak airport (Hong Kong).... well, not the runways but everything that was loose, ha! And they did it in one night! Great documentary on it.
    "simwestDESIGN"

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    It's not -- it's 2 furshorts...
    In reference to the Noble Dutch airman in the Screenshot Forum, I would say 2 fathoms at least!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

So, for anybody whose interested in the OP original question.

Today I managed to recreate the Hope Airpark, in its correct position and obliterate the original incorrect airfield position. I didn't use the manual as it it is written in the wrong language for me, but video tutorials were very helpful. A few touch and goes with the 737, showed this to be a more realistic approach to the airport than the default version, to comply with historic fact.

Quote Originally Posted by autosetup View Post
    So, for anybody whose interested in the OP original question.

Today I managed to recreate the Hope Airpark, in its correct position and obliterate the original incorrect airfield position. I didn't use the manual as it it is written in the wrong language for me, but video tutorials were very helpful. A few touch and goes with the 737, showed this to be a more realistic approach to the airport than the default version, to comply with historic fact.

Interesting! Any relation to this Hope Airpark in the File Library?

FSX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Hope Regional Airpark
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: cyhe-1.zip
    Size: 195,872 Date: 03-20-2009 Downloads: 1,130

FSX Scenery--Hope Regional Airpark (CYHE), Hope, British Columbia, Canada. By Daniel Louvet.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Interesting! Any relation to this Hope Airpark in the File Library?

FSX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Hope Regional Airpark
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: cyhe-1.zip
    Size: 195,872 Date: 03-20-2009 Downloads: 1,130

FSX Scenery--Hope Regional Airpark (CYHE), Hope, British Columbia, Canada. By Daniel Louvet.
    that's the file I've been using and have done about 30 landings with the 737 on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-10-9_16-23-18-524.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	378.2 KB 
ID:	199933

But it is based on the default airport, which is out of position, so I am in the process of re-positioning it, by learning how to use ADE, which is going very well.

8. Default

Of course its going well. A job like this needs professional tools. ADE is "The Best!".

I shouldn't bother moving the mountains though, they look nice where they are.
    FSX Rules!!
    What time's the next flight?

Hi,
    Being somewhat overwhelmed by the erudition inherent in the replies you've received thus far I've been a bit hesitant to post but here goes. Relative to what is the existing airport incorrectly located?
    Jim F.

Quote Originally Posted by jandjfrench View Post
    Hi,
    Being somewhat overwhelmed by the erudition inherent in the replies you've received thus far I've been a bit hesitant to post but here goes. Relative to what is the existing airport incorrectly located?
    Jim F.
    I've used Skyvector and Google to locate the airport in is exact position.
    This puts it about 4000' to the West of the original default and now fits in with the local roads, Flood Hope RD. Trans Canada Highway and Frazer River.
    This means that the 737 can now be landed in a more realistic manner and light aircraft can do the correct left hand circuit onto runway 07.
    This paste from my gallery image, will explain the reason why I'm doing it.

In 1972, Boeing held a demonstration, to show their 737 capability, by landing on a grass runway in BC Canada. Landings were made on 25 and take off was on 07 and several runs were made on dry and wet grass.The runway had to be regraded at Boeing expense, but the trials were a success. I don't know the exact approach route, so I have been trying different possibilities, but short final was over the house, seen on the right of the picture. Good exercise for hand flying the 737.

I've made a video using the default airport, to show the problem.

It also fits in with the 1st forum sticky.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast