Possible to merge QualityWings 787 VC to TDS 787?

dogdish

I bought the QualityWings B787 and am very happy with it and attempted to merge the VC to my existing fleet of TDS B787's. QW does not have a B787-10 yet and I have a few cherished liveries not available on the QW.

Did all the usual things to merge.

1. Copied the QW VC model into the TDS Model folder and edited the Model.cfg

2. Copied the QW panel contents into the TDS Panel folder and edited the Panel.cfg

3. Copied the Texture.VC from the QW folder into the TDS folder and pointed the Texture.cfg's to it.

4. Copied the QW Aircraft.cfg [Views] eyepoint to the TDS Aircraft.cfg

Results were as expected, the cockpit merged OK to the TDS except the QW glass cockpit says...

ERR:Startup Error:!! Unable to start QW787-6

Anybody successfully do this with the gauges initializing OK?

Edited by dogdish
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Congratulations: you were replying to a 2,5-year old thread :rolleyes:. OP's motivation may have disappeared when QW released the 787-10.

Now, since someone is asking for the 787-3, I'll reply: for complex models, steps 1-3 are OK; however, step 4 is not. What you should do is the following:

4. Rename the TDS aircraft.cfg to something else

5. Copy the QW 787 aircraft.cfg and air files to the TDS 783 folder. If you did step 4 correctly, there will be no overwrite request.

6. Open the aircraft.cfg you pasted and edit all effects, lights, fltsim.x, exits, folding_wings, tailhook and contact_points sections with the ones from TDS.

7. Make sure all fltsim.x sections point to the correct model, panel, sound and airfile locations.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Congratulations: you were replying to a 2,5-year old thread :rolleyes:. OP's motivation may have disappeared when QW released the 787-10.

LOL yes you are correct. I've since then deleted the TDS 787-10. At the time, I had instant success merging the AeroSim 787 VC to the TDS 787 models without problems. When QW finally released the -10, got rid of the AeroSim too.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 3 weeks later...