how to make flaps variable???

okbob

I've searched the SDKs for FS9 and FSX, and this gauges forum. Looking for information on how to make the electrical flaps variable. Such as the flaps on a Cessna 172M, which does not have detents on the flaps switch. In that aircraft, you press the switch up or down until you have the angle of flaps that you want, then release the switch and the flaps stop moving. In other words, the flaps move incrementally while the switch is pressed. The C172M flaps take about 9 seconds to reach full flaps deployment (about 38 degrees).

I know how to code the switch so that it is active when pressed and inactive when released. But the flaps will continue to move to the position for flaps set the in aircraft config.

When I set the aircraft config flap setting to only one value, at 38 degrees, and then activate "decrease flaps" the flaps deploy all the way to 38 degrees without stopping. I would like to stop the flap travel when I release the switch, but cannot find a key code to stop flap movement.

Is there some setting in aircraft config or gauge key codes that will allow for variable flap movement? I suppose I could put 38 flap settings in the aircraft config, but that doesn't seem efficient. Or is there some workaround that I've missed?

Thanks in advance. OkBob

Sadly, variable flaps are not possible as there's no command for such. While it would be possible to code a custom (L:var,unit) to enable the illusion of variable flaps, no actual effect would be achieved in the sim.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived