"Newcomer Services" forum description

jandjfrench

I believe it would be impractical to change the forum name but how about the description? The current description is:

" Friendly one-stop-shopping for answers and how-to's for newcomers to flight simulators"

How about:

"Questions from those who have not yet decided on a specific flight simulator"?

Jim F.

I think it's fine the way it is.

The first group is much broader. Not only those who haven't decided, but also the newcomers who have. Even those that have been a member for years, but still (feel like) they ask beginners questions.:)

"all are welcome!"

(forgot where that quote is from.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
I agree with il -- you'd be excluding those who are new to simming, and there's no place else for them except the other sections where more advanced stuff tends to go. In fact, when Nels started that category it was especially intended for those who recently started simming, the idea being to take some of the more basic questions to a different area, thus more experienced folks wouldn't have to wade through the basics (and new folks wouldn't have to wade through more advanced stuff, unless they were intending to help, though never intending to exclude folks who don't yet have a sim.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi

My intention was not to exclude anyone but to have questions related to a specific sim asked in the appropriate forum where they are likely to get better responses. The current phrasing seems to exclude a current user who might be considering choosing a different simulator. And do you really have a problem with someone asking a basic question regarding, say, FSX in the FSX forum?

And I'm not really happy with my suggestion either but it was simply an effort to help someone with a specific sim question get the best help. Not enough room for a lengthy description.

Jim F.

Archived