FSX - Avionics/Battery - Electrics on at night

ferdie_flyer

Hello everyone! I rarely post on these forums but I do go here every once in a while. The issue I'm talking about has got me stumped and I really cannot find a solution to this problem.

Basically when loading a flight from a cold and dark state, I noticed that whenever I load any aircraft at night, some of the avionics are on. In Carenado aircraft and the default GA planes, this is more evident with the battery humming away despite all power and switches being off. In default aircraft, warning lights and flight displays are still active, even with battery and avionics switched off. Loading the flight at daytime fixes the issue, but flying at night causes the issue to reappear.

I've tried changing default flights, reverting back to the default flight by Microsoft, verifying game cache (this is FSX Steam Edition), recreating the fsx config file, playing with settings, and checking parameters in the FLT file, the FSX CFG file, and the aircraft CFG as well for some aircraft.

However, I have not tried to reinstall the entire simulator. I think that'd be the last resort or "nuclear option" as I would call it so before I have to do that, I was wanting to know if people have had or are having this issue as it seems Googling this issue yields no solution and barely any information.

Thanks and cheers!

so cold and dark is saved as default. Ok.

then ,

how do you start a flight?

simply load the default flight, then hop to other aircraft-location-time-weather using the menu bar?

or set the new airport-plane-etc in advance and afterwards press 'fly now'.

--

When saving a dark flight, a saved flight is listed for it too. what happens if you start by 'load fligt'--'selecting that flight then. Does that start cold and dark, or not?

--

I just tried quickly, cold and dark is not my thing. I did this in the 'default' 737 (with47vc). Saved. Then switched the plane to the default A321, checked all was still off, and saved under different filename.

engines off, fuel valves shut, battery off, avionics off, and mixture fully closed, then all lights off using "L"-key.

Didn't set it to default.

Loaded them both, each time after restarting fsx. Both loaded without any lights, no lit gauges either, and engines off.

-----

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ehm, I maybe see what you mean. I turned on the panel lights in the A321, and see one gauge lit (the HSI) and the warning light on the panel light blinking. (I thought you menant the beacon!)

I think it makes sense though. Are the warning lights really part of avionics? I think they are blinking to indicate that avionics (and engines) are off. WOuldn't make sense if they only worked when avionics are on.:) Just a guess though.

Ah, and then again, it doesn't make sense. Because the things are on, while the battery isn't.

Well, that's fsx I guess. After all, being able to switch on the panel light without the battery is weird.

But that has to be like that. I think Microsoft realised that if flying in the dark, you always need a way to switch on the panel lights. How else would you be able to know where to click and switch things on.

If not, you would need to know all the commands by heart, even when playing the game for the very first time. Or buy a ton of very expensive controllers like switch panels.

The intended buyer is after all, the average pc user, with a pc and a wired keyboard/mouse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived