odd behavior of Private Messages (re: "sent" folder)

saxteacher

I am new to flightsim.com but I have used other similar forum web sites in the past, so I am familiar with the mechanics of posting a thread on a forum, replying to a forum thread, and receiving and sending Private Messages (PMs).

I received a PM from another member for the first time today and replied to it.

After clicking to send the reply, I did not see any confirmation that my reply had been sent.

So I checked the "sent items" folder - surely if my PM reply was sent, it would be in there.

The sent items folder is at https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/private.php?folderid=-1

but I do not see my reply there. And it says "Sent Items contains 0 messages. You have 1 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed."

Screenshot 2017-09-27 at 8.30.55 AM.png

I thought my reply must not have gone through, so I tried again. Still no confirmation and nothing in the Sent Items folder. Tried a third time, still with no result.

I thought perhaps the reply feature is broken, so I tried sending a new message (not a reply) to the person I'm trying to contact. But still no confirmation, and still nothing in the "Sent Items" folder.

It occurred to me that perhaps I am unable to reply to PMs or to send new PMs because I'm a new user? I decided to ask about it here, so I clicked on the Forum tab to come post this message. When I got to the Forum tab, I see the shoutbox - and right at the top of the shoutbox are four notifications from me to my intended recipient, saying I've sent him four PMs. Well that's frustrating.

Is there something wrong with the "sent items" folder in PMs, or am I just confused as to how the site works?

Thanks for any help!

It probably got sent just fine.:)

first, when a still new member, posts don't appear right away. It can take up to 24hrs before what you send, appears in the thread.

It takes a good few posts, but eventualally your posts will appear right away.

The same 'up to 24 hrs ' may apply to PM's.

(Please don't send the same over and over. Just give it some time...:))

Second, before clicking 'send' when sending a PM, you can 'check' a box "Send a copy to my Sent Items".

To me it sounds like you just forgot to check that box.

I expect that, even though the PM may take some time to arrive, the copy in 'Sent Items' box would be there right away.:D

welcome!

Happy Flights!:pilot:

il.:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived