Looking for a file that allows me to fly the selected plane in formation

asos

Some time ago I had found a program that allowed me to fly the loaded a/c with others of the same type from same a/c folder and variation--I could choose the type of formation, as I remember.

Now I have a new fs9 install and do not have that program.

Can anyone point me to that program please?

Quote: from COBS (FltSimCom):

'The Jerry Beckwith download package does work. You can select up to 4 aircraft to fly with , they can be different aircraft . they are limited to flying in a box pattern. The box pattern size ,airspeed and altitude can be selected. On start , on the runway you select your formation , take off with them then maintain formation with them.' I don't use it, so.... .

You can also use Neusinger's Flight Recorder in FS9 and FSX and make 'flights' and then run them all at the same time and join in to 'simulate' formation flying. Then nice part is that you are not limited to a 'box pattern'. Or speed, etc. Slight learning curve but works good (no frames hit). Then record formation flight with FRAPS at 29.9 fps to make avi clips for putting together videos. I do it all the time.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

The file name is 'Formationsetup.zip', 128 kb. Downloaded it but did not use it. I sue FSRecorder for formation flying. Or rather, F1 Race cars racing each other (sort of) on race track or around airport. There is a FS9 FSRecorder and a FSX FSRecorder so get the correct one. It's feature rich, but learning is not too difficult. You do it once you can do it over and over. FSRecorder is supper and Free (Google it). There are YouTube tutorial and demo videos too. My video: https://youtu.be/VeL9yG7aJkI .

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I did use formationsetup in fs9, but had a hard time getting near to the a/c as my attached screenshots show--they show he nearest I got to the 4 a/c. Note my a/c's angle....

Will try what napamule uses next:

"You can also use Neusinger's Flight Recorder in FS9 and FSX and make 'flights' and then run them all at the same time and join in to 'simulate' formation flying. Then nice part is that you are not limited to a 'box pattern'. Or speed, etc. Slight learning curve but works good (no frames hit). Then record formation flight with FRAPS at 29.9 fps to make avi clips for putting together videos. I do it all the time."

---must be easier and better.

formation029.jpg

formation031.jpg

First you set the START location. You determine TIME of START of recording by 'Aircraft>Choose Aircraft' to reload AC so as to (re)set FSR counter to '0.00'. (Plan ahead as to gradual throttle, rate of speed increase, gradual turn). You then fly 3 min 'pattern' (any) and land. Hit 'Esc' to stop FSR 'counter'. Save this flight as 'flight1.frc'. Then you go to FSR menu, choose 'Play as AI', browse and pic 'flight1.frc'. It plays from start. Be ready to go with loaded AC. When done hit 'Esc' to stop FSR 'counter'. Save this flight as 'flight2.frc'. Repeat. You can have any number of 'flights' with each increasing 1 more ac. When you get to, say, 'flight4.frc' you will have 4 ac, all in that last one. You then 'Play As AI' the 'flight4.frc' and quickly go FSR menu and choose 'Record'. You will then have a FSR recording of that last flight (flight5.frc). You can use FSR to 'Instant Replay' that last flight so as to record with Fraps to make avi clips (4 gb for each 3 min's) to make a movie.

But you have to 'figure' the time you need to wait at start so all the ac get loaded before you start. So the 1st flight waits 30 seconds before it takes off. The 2nd flight waits 25 seonds before it takes off. Get it? And when you land, allow time for taxi. So at 'end' of 1st flight wait 30 seconds before you hit 'Esc' to end that 'flight'. At 'end' of 2nd flight wait 25 seconds before hitting 'Esc' to end that 'flight'. It's tricky but doable if you plan a little bit.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived