Window Drawing Help Please

familton

I have a window that is TYPE=SPECIAL so it's visible in all views. It has visible=1. When I load the panel the window does not appear. I have to open it and then it stays on.

I have tried zorder=1 with no success.

Is there a way to force it on at the panel initialization?

If I remember correctly someone told how to do this but I did not save it.

Thanks, Bob.

Hi. Thanks.

According to Bill he said "Unfortunately, visible=1 only works if you load the a/c to the 2d panel.If you want the subpanel to open automatically, simply script a tiny, invisible XML gauge to open it, and place a copy in both the [VCockpit01] section and the [Window00] section of the panel.cfg file."

It seems that I don't need that gauge if I have a plane with only 2d panels. I do have a plane with a 2d panel only and when I put TYPE=SPECIAL in the window I want to load at startup the window does not open automatically open. The window has visible=1 in it also.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Bob.

I read it like this:

To have the window open with those entry's, you must go to fsx settings and checkmark: "Aircraft Tab--open in panel view".

Or, if you insist on VC view opening, either:

pop it up manually once,

or,

create that n4gix gauge as an xml file, and install it to the [Window00] section and the [VCockpit00] section.

n4gix (Bill) gave permission to repost the full gauge code. (See above in Post number 8.)

Also see the Post by n4gixx for the Licence for the gauge.

To make the gauge, copy what's in the code box. Paste it in a blank .txt file, and

change the extension to .xml to make it a working gauge.

Read also what's below.

(L:Init,bool) 0 ==    if{      10040 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)      1 (>L:Init,bool)    }

--------------------------

In the gauge is a line:

(L:Init,bool) 0 ==    if{      10040 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)      1 (>L:Init,bool)    }

that 10040 is a number that has to also be in the 2D window you want popped up.

With this example that would need to be the line:

ident=10040

in that [WindowXX] section.

Numbers between 0-10000 are reserved for default fsx panels.

Numbers that are free to choose would be between 10000 and 20000

there's no formating in the code given. After copying into Notepad I would put a hard return after each '>' and after that one '}' and then saving the file and renaming to .xml

(no hard return after the > in '>K' and '>L' in the one line I posted here though!!)

when naming the xml file I would use the number in the filename too. Helps with remembering what it does.

You can just put the xml in its own folder inside the panel folder. That works just as well as a cab.

(btw, when running file in folder is chosen first, if a cab of same name exists.)

The gauge also requires an image to be put in the folder with the xml file.

It's to be named "transparant.bmp"

and is a simple 64x64 pix pure black (0,0,0) image.

----

You could create various versions with different number as you require.

For sharing this as part of a creation you'd need to talk to n4gix.

(See post number 8, above)

------

Earlier I couldn't post the full gauge code, as the gauge isn't mine..

Thank you n4gix, for permission to add the full code. That made explaining easier.

Happy Flights,

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read it like this:

To have the window open with those entry's, you must go to fsx settings and checkmark: "Aircraft Tab--open in panel view".

Or, if you insist on VC view opening, either:

pop it up manually once,

or,

create that n4gix gauge as an xml file, and install it to the [Window00] section and the [VCockpit00] section.

--------------------------

In the gauge is a line:

that 10040 is a number that has to also be in the 2D window you want popped up.

With this example that would need to be the line:

ident=10040

in that [WindowXX] section.

Numbers between 0-10000 are reserved for default fsx panels.

Numbers that are free to choose would be between 10000 and 20000

there's no formating in the code given. After copying into Notepad I would put a hard return after each '

(no hard return after the '

when naming the xml file I would use the number in the filename too. Helps with remembering what it does.

You can just put the xml in its own folder inside the panel folder. That works just as well as a cab.

(btw, when running file in folder is chosen first, if a cab of same name exists.)

The gauge also requires an image to be put in the folder with the xml file.

It's to be named "transparant.bmp"

and is a simple 64x64 pix pure black (0,0,0) image.

----

You could create various versions with different number as you require.

For sharing this as part of a creation you'd need to talk to n4gix.

------

I wish I could just post the gauge for you with formatting. Woud make things easier to explain.

As it's not mine, I can't.

Anywhay. The whole gauge is there. You don't need to add more code then what N4gix posted in the thread on Avsim.

Thanks.

It is set up to load the 2d panel at the start already. My problem is that when the 2d window opens the window that I want to be visible is not. I have to click on Instrument Panel in Views and manually set it on.

I want it to be on at startup along with the 2d panel. I don't like VC so I always have it set to open in 2d view. This A/C does not even have a VC panel.

Regards, Bob.

Works for me when setting start-2D in fsx settings. All that's needed is the line: visible=1

Didn't use type=special

Didn't add the gauge to make it pop up either.

That was in default 737-800 with vc.

Make sure you are starting a new flight and not a saved one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Works for me when setting start-2D in fsx settings. All that's needed is the line: visible=1

Didn't use type=special

Didn't add the gauge to make it pop up either.

That was in default 737-800 with vc.

Make sure you are starting a new flight and not a saved one.

Thanks. It does not work for me.I use TYPE=SPECIAL because I want the window to show in all views. I have made the transparent gauge and it works fine.

Regards, Bob.

I wish I could just post the gauge for you with formatting. Woud make things easier to explain.

As it's not mine, I can't.

Just for the sake of clarity, please do feel free to post this little XML "gauge" if you wish. There's no "copyright" on XML scripts that I post in the public domain. :cool:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived