Flight Sim Rig Monitor Recomendations

I'm looking to build a decent flight sim setup for my home office. I've already got the following system and would prefer to not upgrade anything (with the exception of *possibly* the video card):

i7-4790

32Gb Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 980

Samsung 850 500Gb SSD

Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle/Prop/Mix

MFG Crosswind Pedals

I've got a Volair Sim chassis on the way, but would like to get some monitor recommendations. I don't have an open wallet and I'm trying to keep the cost within reason... I'm not gamer otherwise, so I don't want to invest in top of the line gear since this will be pretty much exclusively used for P3D.

I've looked at:

Qty 3. - Dell P2715Q 27' 4k - Nice monitor, but the response time seem to be lacking

Qty 3. - Acer CB281HK 28" 4k - Lower end monitor with crap speakers (not an issue), but does have decent specs.

As I mentioned above, I'm not opposed to upgrading the video adapter, but it would have to come a bit later. Anyone have recommendations for the monitor setup? Should I plan to upgrade the EVGA to a 1080?

Thanks!

Not much help I can offer. (have shopped for one, but not bought, and thing now a $5 one from a thrift store. Also, I don't use P3d, only fsx. ) So only from hearsay that low response times usually mean less deep blacks (/contrast). And therefore low times would be worse if you like night flying.

Oh, I never used three, but did use two for a few years. Found fsx on two very tiring on the eyes, so ran fsx (in a Window) on one, and used other for other programs. (very usefull during online flying.).

Before spending big, borrow monitors fro friends to see if your eyes can handle a fast game on three monitors. (fsx warns that long periods of play can increase the chance of seizures in people that are susceptible to that. (and not everyone that is knows it, you can develop that later in life too.)).

I'm getting off track. Anyway, three screens increases the chances of those problems. And if even without, flights several hours long tend to become much more tiring then with just one screen. So test the 3 screen setup before you buy things, you may feel much better with just one.

Happy flights,

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm looking to build a decent flight sim setup for my home office. I've already got the following system and would prefer to not upgrade anything (with the exception of *possibly* the video card):

i7-4790

32Gb Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 980

Samsung 850 500Gb SSD

Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle/Prop/Mix

MFG Crosswind Pedals

I've got a Volair Sim chassis on the way, but would like to get some monitor recommendations. I don't have an open wallet and I'm trying to keep the cost within reason... I'm not gamer otherwise, so I don't want to invest in top of the line gear since this will be pretty much exclusively used for P3D.

I've looked at:

Qty 3. - Dell P2715Q 27' 4k - Nice monitor, but the response time seem to be lacking

Qty 3. - Acer CB281HK 28" 4k - Lower end monitor with crap speakers (not an issue), but does have decent specs.

As I mentioned above, I'm not opposed to upgrading the video adapter, but it would have to come a bit later. Anyone have recommendations for the monitor setup? Should I plan to upgrade the EVGA to a 1080?

Thanks!

In my opinion, before spending too much on the upgrades, I think it's better to try touch screens from https://comparily.com/best-touch-screen-monitor/. I think they're gonna sort out these issue once and for all.

Two things spring to mind. First, your GTX 980 is unlikely to be able to run 3 x 4k monitors successfully with P3D - even the 1080 would be stretched. Second, 4k is really wasted on that size of screen.

What size screen do you need for 4k?

Is 4k the way of the future for us flight sim people? Or should i just stick with my good ol 2k monitor?

Rhett

Archived