Uninstalling payware

TheRedBadger

Howdy ladies and gents,

Unfortunately, unless someone has an idea on how to fix my computer (which I'll leave details below if anyone is able to help this helpless problem), I'm needing some information regarding paywares I've purchased.

Unlike most people (or perhaps I'm not in the minority), I always download whatever I'm downloading onto a backup folder with all of my FS2004 stuff that I've added (this is aside from what's in the FS2004 directory). This has usually been no problem for me, however, I'm unsure if I have to uninstall paywares for the program not to think I'm downloading the thing onto multiple computers (I have TSS, LatinVFR, and BluePrints, and also FSDT's O'Hare). Am I still able to legally keep a backup copy of the files I've downloaded, or does the executable not like that?

As far as the other problem, I'm planning on doing a factory reset (I really don't want to and hope alternatives appear soon) because of the following problem, and maybe I could receive much appreciated assistance:

I've checked with Dell tech support and this is not a hardware problem as we discovered, on our Windows 8.

Upon turning on the computer, I get the Dell splash screen, it then goes away after a little bit, and that's it; black screen forever. I'm only able to put the computer in safe mode after multiple attempts of turning on the computer either with the on button or turning off the power strip.

I've tried a restore but it doesn't work, same for the refresh (the computer just boots up to the black screen and disappears). I have no Windows updates installed since updating always caused something in the sim to break.

Hope I get help for the latter and not the former :) .

Carlos Si

I am sure u must have done so,but it does not hurt to repeat; in safe mode uninstall any new software or driver u had installed just before your problem. Also in safe mode try to uninstall the video driver and reinstall it again after trying a normal start. It is a software issue as u said. I always keep a full clone image using two imaging softwares just for such case.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: corrected "abnormal start" to "normal start"

I am sure u must have done so,but it does not hurt to repeat; in safe mode uninstall any new software or driver u had installed just before your problem. Also in safe mode try to uninstall the video driver and reinstall it again after trying a normal start. It is a software issue as u said. I always keep a full clone image using two imaging softwares just for such case.

Good luck.

Edit: corrected "abnormal start" to "normal start"

I'm afraid there was no new software installed recently prior to the day of this issue.

What do you mean by a clone image software?

Regarding the licensing issue can't comment -

About the Boot Issue- question -are you booting off of the correct drive, or is your BIOS assuming another in its search first?

Ehh not sure :S

Carlos Si

OK, so no new software! Did you try Windows Restore and Windows Repair options running from the CD/DVD directly? How about trying in Safe Mode to reinstall all the DELL drivers (I hope you have the original CD/DVD) and see what happens.

I am sorry I have no more advice on this

As for "Clone image software" (I meant Imaging/Cloning software), these are software that allow you to take an "image" or an identical clone of your entire hard drive (or partition) which you can restore later if (when more like it) your HD fails or your software gets screwed, pretty much where you are at now!

The software I personally use are Casper 8 and Acronis True Image, and even Windows own imaging software (backup) ...etc. i use more than one because I had both programs fail in restoration at some occasions and luckily one of them always worked when the other failed.

I learned over twenty years ago to BACKUP and BACKUP and BACKUP, it will save your behind one day and it had done me so many times!

The best you can do now is take your PC to a professional and hope they can help you.

Good luck.

OK, so no new software! Did you try Windows Restore and Windows Repair options running from the CD/DVD directly? How about trying in Safe Mode to reinstall all the DELL drivers (I hope you have the original CD/DVD) and see what happens.

I am sorry I have no more advice on this

As for "Clone image software" (I meant Imaging/Cloning software), these are software that allow you to take an "image" or an identical clone of your entire hard drive (or partition) which you can restore later if (when more like it) your HD fails or your software gets screwed, pretty much where you are at now!

The software I personally use are Casper 8 and Acronis True Image, and even Windows own imaging software (backup) ...etc. i use more than one because I had both programs fail in restoration at some occasions and luckily one of them always worked when the other failed.

I learned over twenty years ago to BACKUP and BACKUP and BACKUP, it will save your behind one day and it had done me so many times!

The best you can do now is take your PC to a professional and hope they can help you.

Good luck.

The repair option ends up not working, same with the restore (although I should restore again and see what the end result is to see if that helps diagnose the issue).

Would using the CD be more effective than what I have with my current resources, or is it the same thing that I'm trying to do? I'm not sure where it is, although I can always purchase it, no?

Thanks!

Carlos Si

Here's an update (it's not new information for me). When in safe mode, I'm given a screen which gives me options (restart computer, advanced options, turn off PC, etc, it's a screen with a blue background). After selecting the restore option, it goes on to restore, while still in the same screen, it "finalizes the restore", and then it says "system restore did not complete successfully", and I was given the error code 0x80070005 along with it.

It then turns off, after turning it back on (and off) it tries to diagnose the PC, but fails, and then it asks to restore again (which I do, but it fails).

Carlos Si

Here's an update (it's not new information for me). When in safe mode, I'm given a screen which gives me options (restart computer, advanced options, turn off PC, etc, it's a screen with a blue background). After selecting the restore option, it goes on to restore, while still in the same screen, it "finalizes the restore", and then it says "system restore did not complete successfully", and I was given the error code 0x80070005 along with it.

It then turns off, after turning it back on (and off) it tries to diagnose the PC, but fails, and then it asks to restore again (which I do, but it fails).

If you can get to command prompt type chkdsk /r and hit enter takes a while but has worked for me in the past

I worked in it support

0x80070005

when doing system restore can mean the virus scanner does not allow systemm restore to access files. It is recognised wrongly as illegal tampering.

You can try doing system restore from a system repair disk.

(A cd you could have made earlier from within Windows. You may also be able to use one you make on a different computer.)

You start by booting from that cd. (not from the normal harddisk)

As the system restore then runs only from the CD to access the drive, the AV protection isn't running, and won't interfere with system restore.

-----

Other thought, that screen with the blue background you mention reminds me of what I saw when I was messing around with a freinds laptop.

It had updated itself to Win10. And the screen was very different then when it was still Win7.

At the time I needed to get into the BIOS for something, and saw no option for it. I think I ended up using "Advanced Options" to get there.

Not important.

Anyway, did you see this screen before. Did it look different earlier? Or did you never look at all.

I have no idea how to help if this is a Win10 upgrade gone bad.

---

PS: is this a laptop?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If what u have on your HD / system is very valuable and not backed up, I would suggest u do not try solutions that might make your data irrecoverable.

If u can take out the disk and insert it as an external on some other PC, take a clone of it (back it up) then go back and try whatever solutions we suggest.

As for buying a CD, I meant your software/drivers CD that should have come with the DELL. Download all the drivers of ur PC if u do not have them.

When u describe a blue screen with options, that is NOT Safe Mode, that is repair mode.

Try to go in Safe Mode (I think F8 or F10 while starting and then choosing start in Safe Mode)

If u can start in safe mode then your problem is most probably a driver or some software that loads on startup. Experiment by reinstalling drivers and removing softwares.

It is a long process, and unless u want to save the system u had, maybe u r better off resetting the PC to its original form. This, u need to ask DELL or Google how to do.

Good luck.

Command prompt Admin

Then try chkdsk c: /f /r /X

I think your had has died

Good luck

U can remove the disk and set it as an external (with external HD case), connect to a working PC and then run chkdsk or any other utility that may correct the HD.

Command prompt Admin

Then try chkdsk c: /f /r /X

I think your had has died

Good luck

Did that, it said "Windows has found no problems". Sad that we can't even get a diagnosis of what's causing this.

0x80070005

when doing system restore can mean the virus scanner does not allow systemm restore to access files. It is recognised wrongly as illegal tampering.

You can try doing system restore from a system repair disk.

(A cd you could have made earlier from within Windows. You may also be able to use one you make on a different computer.)

You start by booting from that cd. (not from the normal harddisk)

As the system restore then runs only from the CD to access the drive, the AV protection isn't running, and won't interfere with system restore.

-----

Other thought, that screen with the blue background you mention reminds me of what I saw when I was messing around with a freinds laptop.

It had updated itself to Win10. And the screen was very different then when it was still Win7.

At the time I needed to get into the BIOS for something, and saw no option for it. I think I ended up using "Advanced Options" to get there.

Not important.

Anyway, did you see this screen before. Did it look different earlier? Or did you never look at all.

I have no idea how to help if this is a Win10 upgrade gone bad.

---

PS: is this a laptop?

It's a windows 8 desktop computer (or whatever you call the non-laptops). I need to find the disc first. Is this error always strictly because of antivirus programs?

If what u have on your HD / system is very valuable and not backed up, I would suggest u do not try solutions that might make your data irrecoverable.

If u can take out the disk and insert it as an external on some other PC, take a clone of it (back it up) then go back and try whatever solutions we suggest.

As for buying a CD, I meant your software/drivers CD that should have come with the DELL. Download all the drivers of ur PC if u do not have them.

When u describe a blue screen with options, that is NOT Safe Mode, that is repair mode.

Try to go in Safe Mode (I think F8 or F10 while starting and then choosing start in Safe Mode)

If u can start in safe mode then your problem is most probably a driver or some software that loads on startup. Experiment by reinstalling drivers and removing softwares.

It is a long process, and unless u want to save the system u had, maybe u r better off resetting the PC to its original form. This, u need to ask DELL or Google how to do.

Good luck.

Indeed, it's repair mode, but I've been able to use the computer mostly normally on safe mode too.

Which disk should be "taken out"? If the video driver may be an issue, how does one specifically re-install it? I guess I just insert the disc and let it do it's thing? I assume this won't tamper with my data right?

Again, thanks for all the responses, I'm trying to avoid a reset since I fear this will cause anxiety when trying to rebuild and re-install everything I had.

Carlos Si

No idea. I just googled that code and that was the first result that came up.

--

i think he means the hdd.

You could put that in an hdd enclosure. (google what that is.)

then attach the hdd enclosure to another pc via Usb port to access and save your personal data.

If that scares you, just go to a shop and ask for help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No idea. I just googled that code and that was the first result that came up.

--

i think he means the hdd.

You could put that in an hdd enclosure. (google what that is.)

then attach the hdd enclosure to another pc via Usb port to access and save your personal data.

If that scares you, just go to a shop and ask for help.

Yes in safe mode remove the display drivers and restart normally, have your driver CD in the CD bay and ready for what the system may ask for.

Please do so if u r desperate and willing to lose your system, your data should be available but u will need to launch in safe mode to back it up somewhere else, u should do this NOW before u proceed.

Indeed I meant your HDD be taken out and used as an external on another PC where u can check it and apply some utilities or whatever.

My knowledge really stops here (short of what u really need)!

Wise advice would be to go a shop and ask for professional help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be resetting my computer. I've already stored all files in an external hard-drive, just need to wait on my relatives to store what they have on there too.

Looking back at this, I'm wondering what caused this, and I'm suspicious about one particular thing.

The last thing I installed was a scenery for BDL (I think it was by the M1D group). I completed a landing and all was good. When I viewed my landing with the recording, it was incredibly laggy, and I think it was also laggy when I flew between Bradley and Hartford airport (some inner-city airport).

I decided to check another previously recorded landing to see if all was fine and it ran smoothly. I remember editing something in the FSRecorded, I believe it related to how often it recoreded aircraft information? (1/4 seconds to 1/8 seconds?). Could this have damaged the computer's software in anyway?

That was the last I remember of the computer before it failed on me. Is it possible that

Carlos Si

Suggest reading this article Link below

https://www.pcworld.com/article/243190/how_to_repair_a_corrupt_windows_7_installation.html?page=2

Back up drive first or make a disk image (A must do)

Hope you find it helpful in some way.

Howard

Web : http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

Mail : biggles11@btinternet.com

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004916148824 (Sorry No Friends please)

Archived