X52 just quit .......

swede1

Worked yesterday, today it doesn't. It lights up but no response. It has disappeared from the devices window in the settings area of my FSX. All that is there now is the rudders and mouse yoke and view. I get a pop up that states that a device has malfunctioned and windows cannot read it. I have tried over and over to reinstall with the units CD, but, it will only go as far as the "drivers will download" after the security page and then the "continue" button will not work. Now, I really need to know, is this a software glitch and how do I get past it,OR, if its a hardware problem, how can I test the stick to see if its shot? Software, I might be able to deal with, not great at it, but, would rather not buy a new system on the off chance that will fix things. This is a win7, XP 64bit. This is the same unit that allowed the initial CD download. I have tried downloading from Logitech the X52 downloads with the same outcome. Any help, advise or ideas will be greatly appreciated. At wits end with this..........thanks :mad:

Test it on a different pc, a friend's pc, another pc in your house - if any, a laptop that someone can bring over -- then observe the results. I believe the Saitek configuration manager lets you see axis movements, and you can certainly check the state of the device via the driver properties on a different pc.

The X52 is a complicated set. It has lots of buttons and switches. But you need to start fresh and uninstall the X52. Then disconnect, wait 15 seconds and reconnect. But you don't know what to do next? Go watch this video at YouTube. This guy PATIENTLY covers, and explains, EVER button, toggle, switch, pinky, slider, clutch, etc. on the X52. Doesn't matter if it's X52 Pro or not. Link:

. Video is 25 min long but very good. The guy is from Elite Dangerous but he does mention Flight Simulator where it applys. When done watching video go to Elite Dangerous (google it) and look at what they are saying concerning profiles, etc. They cover that stick top to bottom. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

The entire X52 disappeared out of my FSX "Settings" box. The Saitech rudders were still there but no "Stick". I did uninstall the stick and then tried to reinstall from the CD. It will not download. It begins but refuses to go to the next step when the "Next" button is clicked, but the button never lights anyway, just remains gray. Tried downloading the X52 download from Logitech and I can't get that to download either.

Ok. When you first got you X52 you installed the CD software. Got that! Then you went and downloaded the latest drivers? And you were able to download and install. The X-52 worked well for ..... days/weeks/months/years. Your CD and software MATCH and thus can work together.

You then went to Saitek and downloaded the NEW CD. You installed the CD software. This is the NEW software. Now you find out that it (CD software) will not work with you OLD drivers. So you try to download and install the NEW drivers but it won't work. Saitek KNOWS you had the OLD CD and drivers. It also know you are trying to install the NEW CD and drivers without first uninstalling the OLD CD software and OLD drivers. So it checks to see if you still have the OLD CD sw and drivers, which is '1' (true), so it then quits install. Which is logical. Why mess up things because you did not read the instructions? While you run software the software also 'calls home'. It knows who/what/when/where/why you 'are'. And how many times you have been trying to do the wrong thing. No getting around it. You have to read up. Or WATCH A YOUTUBE VIDEO to get information. You can't expect US to fix it for you. It don't work that way.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I hate to get this way. But sometimes it's difficult to understand what is REALLY going on due to lack of information. It's not your fault. X52 is difficult to manage. Lots of options, feature, limitations, glitches, etc. They don't tell you this when you buy it, either. So I understand and comisserate but there is only on RIGHT way to do things when it comes to new, or external equiptment, that must hurddle BOTH Windows and FlitSim. I have a MS Sidewinder USB twist grip (not FFB) joystick (12 years: works like new) that I just plug in and it works. I have 3 buttons: flaps down, flaps up, and view change. That's it. I can unplug it and use USB for card reader, or memory stick, and when I re-plug it works as if nothing ever happened. I LOVE SIMPLE. Good luck with X52.

Chuck B

Napamule

Sounds like a physical issue vs a software issue. Should install on other devices to confirm. Likely some part of the usb board failed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Karl

I7-4770k, ASUS Z87pro, 8GB RAM, GTX770

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's simple. If the joystick is not damaged, windows should see it in the device folder. The drivers allow for programming and button functionality. However, if it does not show up first in Windows, the joystick is probably fried.

Archived