Auto Racing

zswobbie1

Many thanks for the movies, scenery & cars. It is fascinating to see what can be done within a flight simulation with a bit/lot of imagination.

I'm still using FS2004, & have put whatever I can into it as far as vehicles go. I have the set of F1 cars from way back.

Is there any way us 'oldies' can be accommodated with your vehicles?

Kind Regards,

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Zswobbie1

Its nice to hear from you - In terms of your question - Absolutely - There are over 80 cars in the Version 1.3 release of ASS cars. They can be reviewed at https://autosportssimulations.com/le-mans-4-fsx-cars/

This version has significant improvements based on the testing at Nurburgring / Nordschleife 4 FSX - There is a slide show of these cars -

The ASS cars are mostly intended for those who use the race tracks by http://AutoSportsSimulations.com. There are some that can be downloaded directly from there too; and earlier versions at FlightSim.

Also some more should become available at FlightSim. What should follow then will be the W195 Mercedes Arrow series which is scheduled once Indy 4 FSX is available at FSPilotshop.com which was submitted in the beginning of early last August to them for listing -

thumbnail.jpg

Please note: Focus on ASS cars has been on engineering as explained at http://AutoSportsSimulations.com - By version 2.0 they will be animated - but for now they are a heck of a ride, where you won't have time to actually notice bells and whistles when on the track -

Also - Not sure how they work in 2004 - as only tested and intended for FSX/FSX Steam Edition where purposed for racing on Ass race tracks.

btw: If interested in direct inquiry please simply send an email to Support@AutoSportsSimulations.com

Best Regards,

OKD dba AutoSportsSimulations.com

Support? I filled out a request form to get the link to download Le mans 4 FSX Cobra Prototype 65 a week ago. I bought the tracks already. But I guess I don't get the Cobra. I wanted to look into all the 'engineering' (?) you put into the FDEs for the Cobra.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Charles the only thing logged is from Sept 19th, 8:27AM:

Orig email (cbackus3@ . . .) is getting a new password by mail so not able to use it right now.

Not sure what this means - I looked back in the logs and did not see anything else from you -

Just had the email checked out - appears to work fine -

Email through the form does in fact check out - not sure what the glitch was. But again, thanks for the heads up ! - best, OKD -

Update: If the comment field was not filled in this could explain the glitch - for example, why forward mail that does not have content?

Quote: 'Update: If the comment field was not filled in this could explain the glitch - for example, why forward mail that does not have content?'

I filled out all the *required fields on the form and in the 'Comment' field I put this: ''My orig email (cbackus3@.....) is getting a new password by mail so not able to use it right now.'

So what is the problem with that? So you 'judge' the request going by what is said, or is not said, in the 'Comments' field? Figures!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks for your prompt reply.

There are actually a whole bunch of us FS2004'ers still lurking in the shadows.

It's still a great sim, & vehicles just add so much.

Thanks for showing us that simming is not only about flying by the numbers.

I have cars, boats, ski guys, & even submarines.

& simming IS all about fun, fact & fiction.

So, please keep them coming.

My imagination tends to run wild at times.

So, we have Le Mans, Drag racing & Indi as well...

How about some vintage car racing, world record attempts?

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Robin.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Robin,

Your PM box is full and won't accept any more PM's. You need to empty your PM box.

I have ski bum (Bill Lyons), UFO's, etc. I specialize in 'concept' sim objects. I have run the vintage cars on Lime Rock, Le Mans and Indy tracks. I think I have the best times and fastest speeds. At LeMans track the Porsche 911 GT2 does 300 mph, time of 2:50, and the Lotus Super 7 No93 does 188 mph, time of 3:11, and Lionhearts XF-1 Endeavor does 299 mph, time of 2:48 (it's faster on curves). Want to try beating those times? Good luck (hehe). But OK Daley asked me to not post videos in forums of them going faster than xxx mph. I don't know why? But, it's 'OK' - I don't do REQUESTS (ha).

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Oh, none of OK Daley's model will work in FS2004. Sorry.

Hi Robin:

I wished I had also built for 2004- I leap frog'd from fs2000 to FSX, and never played with 04. FSX for me has been a marvelous experience as I agree you can have many virtual worlds where I too, like in addition to flying all sorts of aircraft and boats.

I use FSX Gold as my development environment for AutoSportsSimulations.com, and FSX Steam edition as my Production test, and when not, as my playtime sim.

I am familiar somewhat though with 04's constraints, and advise not to purchase my race tracks for it - it is very different under the hood. For example, terrain altitudes are quite different, where FSX has its own issues with accuracy about this. Also, all or most textures I build are in dds format and not BMP, which I believe 04 is not compatible with the dds format. Vehicles too, regardless of the textures, are very much different in the settings, and n the MDL -

Videos though - well, I make one every time I test as its a good way to do replay where I can examine for example anomalies in a race track, increase scenery load testing of autogen and for example if a guard rail needs to be realigned for an altitude adjustment for where and how placed. If I feel the video can be enjoyed, I share it regardless if of a finished product or not - In fact I did one last night after some work, and really enjoyed the Fall colors in the virtual world of Nurburgring / Nordschleife 4 FSX, so will be posting that later -

Best Regards,

OKD -

Terms and conditions on the webform have been more clearly stated. In meeting these, your requests are welcomed -please note them below:

The cars are freeware in that they are built based on public domain engineering drawings whose designs originate from the manufacturers of these automobiles.

AutoSportsSimulations.com assumes no personal right for monetary gain as respecting the fact in not being the owner of auto manufactures such as Ferrari, Porsche, etc’s designs.

It is our interest to provide you with nice cars for the race tracks where you have parity with other drivers; where we would also like to encourage a multiplayer community that includes you!

You can request them below if you have a licensed copy of one our great major race tracks where keeping in mind that they are not an entitlement and to assure driver parity in future ASSRA Multiplayer Events, they are not to be hacked –

http://AutoSPortsSimulations.com

ASS Cars either meet or exceed performance standards in FSX simulation with respect to their counter parts. They are tuned typically to be about 10-15% faster as a result of being engineered to match, for example, Le Mans 4 FSX 's racing circuits road ability.

As much as you can make a bunny rabbit fly as fast as an f14 Tomcat in FSX, it is not the objective to induce unrealistic top speeds, but to enable these cars to drive competitively with others either in multiplayer, such as through ASSRA, or using FS Recorder tracks, that is besides when soloing when learning to drive them.

Archived