AI aircraft speed settings

nightowl56

Speaking of which...

For the default AI aircraft, is there a way to adjust max cruise altitude? It bugs me to hear a report of traffic, a Cessna Caravan (which is unpressurized) up at 10-14 kft altitude. Surely real operators are seldom if ever flying such a plane that high and needing oxygen. Can I revise the aircraft.cfg to limit altitude to, say, 8k?

Nadlzfw

Well, while not likely, it is also not entirely impossible. Flying up at 15,000 gets a lot more miles per gallon out of that engine, and there is enough oxygen to go on with, topping it up with a bottled supply for 5 minutes before you carry out system checks every half hour. Not unreasonable to fly at 10,000 for a while without oxygen of any sort; I have. Though not to save fuel, it was a Cessna 150! Just curiosity.

If you know how to edit flight plans all that can be remedied, but if there are lots of plans it can be a daunting task.

On the other hand I've seen flight plans where an aircraft is flying a short hop and in the plan it is programmed to go to 30 plus thousand feet, course as it is climbing the ATC tell it to descend as it is getting closer to its destination.

I once had a Microlight doing 500kts @FL300 - and no, it's not for sale!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived