Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Air Traffic Control......

Apologies for late reply.

The aircraft was an orbit 737 from the default ai set & I was told to land on runway 8. Mostly outbound traffic is told to wait.

I assumed that inbound aircraft were prioritised over outbound & the default Bournemouth EGHH isn't a major hub of activity hence my surprise. One incident involved my being told to go around when there was absolutely no other traffic. I landed & then flew around to check & I'd heard nothing from atc about other traffic either. This was on a relaible Vista machine.

I have some flytampa airports in another machine & cannot remember errors with them.
    Thanks for all your info.

PS: for the 2 doubters, I was told "You are cleared to land" which cannot possibly be misunderstood.
    Last edited by gypsymoth; 09-15-2017 at 04:40 AM.

2. Default

My own personal observation in FS9 is that the only time I am told to go around is when a plane that has landed before me has not yet cleared the runway as I approach the threshold. I cannot ever remember a time I was told to go around because another aircraft was cleared to take off from the runway I was landing on. I do use AI smooth and AI separation with the setup described in a previous post.

With an aircraft still on the runway a go around is expected. I also had one with no other aircraft in sight.

The aircraft moving onto the runway I was about to land on had not had permission to do so. I was 2000 yards away & in touch with atc having twice been given permission to land.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsymoth View Post
    With an aircraft still on the runway a go around is expected. I also had one with no other aircraft in sight.
    If using AI separator/smooth or similar I have found that on odd occasions landingscan get out of landing sequence in busy periods which would then cause aircraft to go around until the first aircraft has landed.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsymoth View Post
    The aircraft moving onto the runway I was about to land on had not had permission to do so. I was 2000 yards away & in touch with atc having twice been given permission to land.
    If this is just happening at one airport I would be looking into the AFCAD making sure no errors, ensuring all hold short nodes are on taxiways before runway and are within active distance.

The airport is the default EGHH..............I thought I'd taken a screenshot & when I've found it I'll pop in on here....

I've only got the default ai set. Bournemouth gets about 3 of them at most!

In the past I've had a lot of WoAi & been in a stack of 20 or so at Heathrow & got go arounds there. EGHH was a surpise.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2