HJG DC-9 question

nadlzfw

Question applies to DC-9-30 from HJG, with the HJG panel.

Sometimes, not always, while descending to land, a loud obnoxious warning buzzer will sound. I have not been able to determine what condition is causing the warning, nor any way to shut it off. I have to listen to it till I can land and shut down the aircraft.

Any idea what causes this and what to do about it?

Thanks!

Nadlzfw

But, the buzzer remains on after the gear is down. Perhaps I lowered flaps at IAS too high?

The sounds are what came from HJG.

Nadlzfw

In the aircraft.cfg for your DC-9 go to this section and make the indicated change and then try it!

[gear_warning_system]

gear_warning_available = 0

pct_throttle_limit = 0.10

flap_limit_power = 25.0

flap_limit_idle = 15.0

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Question applies to DC-9-30 from HJG, with the HJG panel.

Sometimes, not always, while descending to land, a loud obnoxious warning buzzer will sound. I have not been able to determine what condition is causing the warning, nor any way to shut it off. I have to listen to it till I can land and shut down the aircraft.

Any idea what causes this and what to do about it?

Thanks!

Nadlzfw

It's the landing gear warning horn. There is a very small button that is almost hidden on the main panel that you can use to turn this off. I can't remember exactly where it is located but it is there. This problem has also come up in the HJG DC9 forum. The solution is posted there too. Sry but I can't remember exactly where the button is right now.

Archived