XP10 Models in XP11

ColR1948

I posted this on XP11.org as well, just my thoughts on the subject:

I'm fairly new to XP11 I normally fly in FSX but I'm trying to get in to this sim. I have upgraded my version and I've got a fair few aircraft installed, also started to install Ortho4 for XP, the original graphics are good by the way but with Ortho they are fantastic.

Back to the topic, I have also downloaded some aircraft for XP10, and as mentioned above some work not too bad but some need a tweak to get them to work. I understand not making XP backward compatible but what seems such a shame is the hard work put in to the XP10 models for them to not work or eventually be forgotten.

Also, not to mention some of you guys have lots of XP10 aircraft that you can no longer use, so do you abandon XP11 and stay with 10 because you could or will lose those great aircraft? I see posts where it says change the FMS/GPU in order to make them work, OK but how?

I'm not too bad on the PC and if I saw a tutorial of how I would give it a go, remembering to back up first lol, but some people are not PC savvy, and they may never change their aircraft and stay with 10 or eventually not bother with XP after a time.

If some of the model makers issued a (fix) that too would be great, after all it will keep those models alive.

Archived