FsPassengers Problem

UAL8658

I can't seem to access the FSP website on the computer my P3D is installed on but I can access it on my tablet and phone using the same internet. Does anybody know why I might have this problem? And also is there a quicker way to contact their support because I haven't gotten a reply in two weeks?

Hi UAL8658:

Not sure if this is your issue, but this can be caused by a "net mask" in your network setup. If the other devices use the same WIFI and can access the site, then the mask setting sounds local to the PC. Alternatively, is there some sort of website black list that is on your PC which it also might use?

From your command prompt - you can also try "Pinging" the web site. If it times out, it sounds like a net mask setting.

Hope this might help,

Regards,

O.K. Daley

Hi UAL8658:

Not sure if this is your issue, but this can be caused by a "net mask" in your network setup. If the other devices use the same WIFI and can access the site, then the mask setting sounds local to the PC. Alternatively, is there some sort of website black list that is on your PC which it also might use?

From your command prompt - you can also try "Pinging" the web site. If it times out, it sounds like a net mask setting.

Hope this might help,

Regards,

O.K. Daley

Hi O.K. Daley. I tried pinging and I didn't see anything that said it timed out. Do you know what else could be the problem? I checked my security settings and it's definitely not on my black list.

That's about all that I can come up with . . . well, except, how about trying a different browser ?

About the Ping - you should see a response. For example if to ping Flightsim.com:

Pinging flightsim.com [104.28.1.19] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 104.28.1.19: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=57

Reply from 104.28.1.19: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=57

Reply from 104.28.1.19: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=57

On the positive side, what you did get accomplished is ruling out the network stack as the issue. So maybe try your less favorite browser and see if it does work.

That's about all that I can come up with . . . well, except, how about trying a different browser ?

About the Ping - you should see a response. For example if to ping Flightsim.com:

Pinging flightsim.com [104.28.1.19] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 104.28.1.19: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=57

Reply from 104.28.1.19: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=57

On the positive side, what you did get accomplished is ruling out the network stack as the issue. So maybe try your less favorite browser and see if it does work.

It's every browser on just this PC that doesn't work. For some reason this is the only computer that can't access it on this network. My ping looks similar except it says 127.0.0.1 instead of your number but otherwise a successful ping.

I can't seem to access the FSP website on the computer my P3D is installed on but I can access it on my tablet and phone using the same internet. Does anybody know why I might have this problem? And also is there a quicker way to contact their support because I haven't gotten a reply in two weeks?

Dan is likely very busy working on the update for V4. If for some reason you can't get on the website, maybe you can briefly describe the problem?

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

My ping looks similar except it says 127.0.0.1 instead of your number but otherwise a successful ping.

If it's resolving to your localhost then that's your problem right there. It resolves to 83.166.130.82 for me.

Cheers!

Luke

@okdaley EDIT: Both ports are closed on my computer. Is that the problem?

@Luke Why might it be resolving to localhost and how do I fix that?

@av8tor98 The error I get is when I try to get on the website only on this computer I get "This http://www.fspassengers.com page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: http://www.fspassengers.com/"

@Luke Why might it be resolving to localhost and how do I fix that?

Your DNS resolution is messed up. What is your DNS server configured to be in your network settings? It should be automatically configured, but your router or ISP settings may be incorrect.

Cheers!

Luke

Archived