Panning camera view causes closest obects to cutoff

Timberleaf

Now that P3D v4 is 64 bit, I have jumped deeper into longer flights, more immersion, and found something I don't like, and don't know how to fix, or even if it CAN be fixed.

When I am in 3d cockpit or wing view of a 3d modeled interior (i.e. passenger seating area), and I pan the view, objects like seats, windows, or even a terminal bridge (objects closest to the 1st person camera view), seem to cutoff at a fixed distance from the camera origin, maybe 1 meter out. The portion cutoff from obejcts varies as you pan the camera, and cycles into...and out of existence...as you pan the camera. WHY is this the case?

Is there a way to make this phenomena STOP? I watch videos on YouTube of 3rd party plane developers' reviews and wonder why I DON'T see this happen in their vidoes... and what it is I am NOT doing, editing, fixing...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

What you are experiencing is called "clipping". You can set "ClipMode=minimum" for the camera that you are using by editing either cameras.cfg or aircraft.cfg, depending on where the camera definition is located. Be mindful that you cannot edit P3D V4 .cfg files with Windows Notepad without the very real risk of breaking them. Cfg files are in UTF-16 character encoding, and you require a proper editor for this (search for "Notepad++")

The creators of those videos mostly use third party camera software like EZDOK or Chaseplane. And if I made such a video I would take care to cut/edit out any scene that doesn't look good, including clipped objects.

Archived