P3dv4 distant lights shimmer.

MagyarMatt

Seems entirely normal to me, and you have a zoomed out viewpoint which accentuates the `issue`. :)

I would take a short flight in a real aircraft at night and you will see just how much the lights twinkle. Perhaps slightly exaggerated, but then you can't step out of a real plane to have a good look around.;)

Seems entirely normal to me, and you have a zoomed out viewpoint which accentuates the `issue`. :)

I would take a short flight in a real aircraft at night and you will see just how much the lights twinkle. Perhaps slightly exaggerated, but then you can't step out of a real plane to have a good look around.;)

As it happens I do fly very frequently and whilst there certainly is a degree of shimmer in the distant lighting I don't think it is as pronounced as it is in sim.

I also see the same shimmer on distant buildings in the day which would suggest a graphical issue as opposed to an intended feature.

Try Nvidia Inspector and switch Antialiasing to "Enhance the Application Setting" and "Transparency Supersampling" to 4x "SGSS" (Sparse Grid Supersampling).

See if that helps. Also some third party night lighting products have improved this effect.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Try Nvidia Inspector and switch Antialiasing to "Enhance the Application Setting" and "Transparency Supersampling" to 4x "SGSS" (Sparse Grid Supersampling).

See if that helps. Also some third party night lighting products have improved this effect.

Vic

Thanks. I'll give that a try when I can and see if it helps.

Archived