Cls md-80 p3d v4

MrUnSavory

Hi Everyone,

I don't usually ask for much help out here as I like to try and fix my own problems. It is part of the fun of the hobby. :)

I am trying to get my CLS MD-80 working in P3D V4. Everything seems to work except I don't have a VC. All the 2d panels (hate 2d panels) seem to be working but no VC.

Is this caused by the gauges being changed from .DLL to .XML?

Sure would be great if this bird worked.

Thanks,

Ross G. :)

If the coding for the gauges, etc is not compatible with 64bit, it just will not work.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Is that just for the VC cockpit? As stated the 2d cockpit works fine. I take it the 2d cockpit does not use the same gauge files as the VC does??

The CLS MD80 has a special (copy protection?) system, you have to specifically activate the VC with the CLS sim icons. If these icons are indeed based on a DLL, then there is nothing you can do. You should be missing the gear as well btw.

I have the plane but I didn't try it in V4 yet. Complex addons seem pointless, as most of them use DLLs for some feature or other - and those just can't work in V4.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the answer but worth checking out. There is a 64bit sound gauge that was created that from what I have read fixes sound issues like you mention above. I saw it on the Orbx forums. Thread is titled: 'Doug Dawson 64 bit sound gauge'.

I would check that out and see if it might resolve your issue.

good luck,

Clutch

I'm not sure if this is the answer but worth checking out. There is a 64bit sound gauge that was created that from what I have read fixes sound issues like you mention above. I saw it on the Orbx forums. Thread is titled: 'Doug Dawson 64 bit sound gauge'.

good luck,

Clutch

Thank You for the help. I already have that gauge but the problem is that CLS has so many different sound files I don't know which one ,if any, to change. I tried a couple and it did not work. As I said I think this fix is a little beyond my knowledge. :)

Hopefully some really smart person out there will figure it out.

Ross G.

• 4 months later...
To bump this thread, I, too, am still having this issue. The panel will not take me past a stage where it asks about what kind of monitor/resolution set up I have...no gear no VC, but I can hide the window in question and get the 2D panel with no working gauges...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Well I can not get this aircraft installed again now as I bought it through FSPilot shop and they are out of business. I have emailed CLS to see if I can get this rectified then I want to try these new sound files Doug has given us. Just hope I know which ones to change

good luck,

Clutch

Use it to find out why the .mdl is not suitable for P3dv4.5. If you have to use it you will soon realise why it is unsuited for 4.4+ implementation.