Left drift in saitek yoke

deansalman

I just go a saitek yoke and the aircraft drifts to the left quite a bit. It is a nice yoke so I wanted to solve this. i tried to delete entries in the registey, calibrate in spadnext, fscuip (cant remember the exact name). One solution I came up which is kind of stupid is to use aileron trim. Even though the skyhawk does not have this the P3d does not know so it works and flight is good. It says that way even when flight sim restarted. I was going to try the Saitek drivers but Logictech disabled the download. They never worked anyway so maybe they gave up. Anyway any other suggestions to try.

You don't mention calibrating the yoke either in Windows or in the sim. Why is that? Simple null zone setting is all you should need. Use the default flight with the F22 to eliminate any outside influences, open the P3D calibration screen with the aircraft sat on the runway.

Calibrate.

Go fly.

Any left turn tendencies can now be dialled out using null zone and sensitivity settings.

What is this `deleting entries in the Registry?` You said you only just got it, so why on earth would you be deleting entries in the Registry? You MUST NOT mess with the Registry when you don't know what impact it might have.

Let be more clear. Someone stated removed certain entries in the registery would fix it. I am a programmer so I know how to update that without harm, but that is why I did not include what was done for those that are not sure. Calibration in the sim or windows does not fix the issue. When there is not turn and aircraft is trim, there is a slow drift to the left in my case. Do not really have a solution other than using aileron which is working. It only has to be set up once. Everything works fine, other than the slow drift, maybe a few degrees at worst but when taking off the runway. Anyway I am just posting the one solution I came up with, just see if there is anything else to try

Let be more clear. Someone stated removed certain entries in the registery would fix it. I am a programmer so I know how to update that without harm, but that is why I did not include what was done for those that are not sure. Calibration in the sim or windows does not fix the issue. When there is not turn and aircraft is trim, there is a slow drift to the left in my case. Do not really have a solution other than using aileron which is working. It only has to be set up once. Everything works fine, other than the slow drift, maybe a few degrees at worst but when taking off the runway. Anyway I am just posting the one solution I came up with, just see if there is anything else to try

As a programmer you shouldn now better than to listen to `someone` ... Why do you think removing registry entries recalibrates the yoke?

In any case you aren't reading what I'm writing: I said use the F22 and the default flight. The reason is to eliminate outside factors such as inherited settings, influence of weather, possible effects from using a propeller aircraft, and most importantly possible off-centreline CG effects, known to be over-accentuated in the sim. You describe a Skyhawk, I said use the F22.

At the very least, balance the weight on both sides of the aircraft and use the correct trim...

You need rudder trim for drift and aileron trim for roll.

I have the same problem. I don't know if it's related to P3Dv4 or not. It was fine in P3Dv3.4. It may also have been due to a Windows 10 update at some point over the last 2 months. I didn't notice it until I started flying light aircraft (1900D and PA31) instead of the PMDG 737.

I have the same problem. I don't know if it's related to P3Dv4 or not. It was fine in P3Dv3.4. It may also have been due to a Windows 10 update at some point over the last 2 months. I didn't notice it until I started flying light aircraft (1900D and PA31) instead of the PMDG 737.

As I said to the previous poster, the issue is that prop aircraft often - usually - exhibit turning tendencies as a result of a number of aerodynamic and torque factors. You should read up on those. Otherwise, all the comments made above apply.

As I said to the previous poster, the issue is that prop aircraft often - usually - exhibit turning tendencies as a result of a number of aerodynamic and torque factors. You should read up on those. Otherwise, all the comments made above apply.

I've been simming since the 1980's and well aware of torque effects. What I am saying is that something has changed to make it more pronounced.

Hey deansalman, I had an idea. I started up X-Plane 11 and, low and behold, the same thing. Excessively more drift than before. I believe it is a Windows thing.

Archived