Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thinking Of Buying X-Plane 11

1. Default

You will never transition, you will just have another option. Like ColR1948 I bounce back and forth from X-plane 11, FSX, FS9 and FSW. It really all depends on what I'm doing. If I am flying to experience the real weather with windshield rain effects then it's FS9. If I want to fly and see cars on the roads and really good clouds and jsut set the autopilot and chill, it's FSX. If I want really good raindrop effects but not real weather then it's FSW and if I want to see actual runway lights (not dots above the ground) and the best night lighting then it's X-plane. IMO I think as soon as X-planes weather is up to par, FSX will be done but that's just an opinion.
    My advice would be to hold off until X-plane is at about version 11.20 or so. There's just not that big of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post
    1. What's the ATC system like in XP 11?

2. How is the AI plane system with their 19 AI planes circling you as you fly along in XP 11 compared to FSX?

3. What is it like always flying with summer textures in XP 11 knowing full well it is snowing outside?

4. How is the default flight planner in XP 11?

Pretty sure those things do not outclass FSX/P3D.
    Jim...if all you can do is bash X-Plane in your now rather tiresome posts, then I'd rather you didn't actually voice your opinion.

There are plenty of areas where X-Plane far exceeds FSX and P3D and vice versa...but to keep going on like you do is getting...quite frankly...boring.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
    ? Didn't see this as x-plane bashing and the points he mentioned are correct:
    Like Dominic said, no flight simulator is perfect. But repetitively bashing another flight sim for its faults without ever mentioning its merits just isn't very constructive.
    Last edited by RatRace; 08-29-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RatRace View Post
    Like Dominic said, no flight simulator is perfect. But repetitively bashing another flight sim for its faults without ever mentioning its merits just isn't very constructive.
    +1

Regarding X-Plane's ATC, Austin talks about it here (15.40 mark):

https://www.facebook.com/XPlaneOffic...4294667361283/

AI aircraft? Yeah...compared to the freeware and payware offerings for MSFS/P3D, X-Plane has (of yet) nothing which really comes close.

Snow?

Download the textures/plugin and get going!

Flight planner? If one has to use the default flight planner in either FSX/X-Plane, then I'd have to give it to FSX. In saying that, online and third party offerings are available for both and are a massive improvement.

But why stop here...

Global shadows?

Sloped runways?

Blurries?

So there you go...neither X-Plane or FSX make for the perfect flight simulator and is why when I read the FSX post 'How do you keep FSX interesting?', I replied:

How do I keep FSX interesting? I don't play it all the time.

Deviating between sims, such as FSX, X-Plane and FlightGear, ensures that my interest never wanes.

Oh...and then there is mountain biking, photography and dare I say it...the PS4

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sim Pilot View Post
    If nothing is 'wrong' with FSX then there is no need to change. Therefore something must be 'wrong' for the OP to consider a change.
    There is nothing wrong with FS98 either...but it's old and antiquated and nobody wants to fly a sim with old graphics. Technology moves on and we all want the latest and greatest. That's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by data65 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with FS98 either...but it's old and antiquated and nobody wants to fly a sim with old graphics. Technology moves on and we all want the latest and greatest. That's just the way it is.
    Correct.

As I have said before. If the OP finds what is 'wrong' with HIS current setup then he should be able to answer the question. Should I buy X-Plane 11.

Quote Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
    Regarding X-Plane's ATC, Austin talks about it here (15.40 mark):
    However, he has been promising to improve X-Plane ATC for several years and nothing significant has happened. In spite of what he says, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a big upgrade - I'm not convinced that it's a priority for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2