Project Fokker Engines Disappearing

Guest Trainx3

Guest Trainx3

I do not if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon, but I feel that someone might be able to help explain.

Recently, I downloaded the Project Fokker 100 series aircraft for Fs2004. Everything loads just fine with the aircraft, the problem comes when I view the aircraft from the outside at ground level.

The internal section of the engines seemingly dispersal but only from this point of view, same applies to the rear of the engine.

Fokker problem.jpg

However, when I elevate view only a couple feet above the ground, the same part of the engine reappears as if nothing was wrong.

Fokker Problem 2.jpg

If anyone knows why or how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Trainx3

Maybe updating to v3 will help, it's still available from here:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=project+fokker+100&CatID=fs2004ac&Go=Search

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Guest Trainx3
Just moved the aircraft about in slew mode, I found out that this only occurs when the aircraft is on the ground, this immediately goes away when I am in the air.

Guest Trainx3
So is their a tweak that I could make to the aircraft.cfg file to eliminate the issue, or is it something that would require a former member of the Project Fokker team to diagnose and repair?

I would suspect an issue with LOD settings in the model; these control what is visible from what range, there are also settings for what is visible from various angles. If this is the case it can only be corrected by the aircraft creator as you need the uncompiled model files to edit these settings.

LOD (level of detail) is used so a game does not have to render all detail for all objects on the screen even if they are hundreds of yards away. If the first level is set too close you will see detail popping in and out of view; if set too far you waste resources trying to render detail you will never see. (This is one reason it is inadvisable to use player aircraft for AI, a dozen such aircraft in the sky is just too much detail to render. AI aircraft use low res models and different LOD settings.)

So there is no way to fix this? Aside from finding a way to revive the Project Fokker Team.

Pretty much no way to fix this batch of Fokkers. I did a search in the File Library and found a single Fokker download and tried it. All angles at all distances on the ground looked fine with no engines blending into the body. You may be able to find single, working aircraft and add repaints to them. Some Fokkers can be pretty screwed up (if you get my drift)!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Guest Trainx3
Pretty much no way to fix this batch of Fokkers. I did a search in the File Library and found a single Fokker download and tried it. All angles at all distances on the ground looked fine with no engines blending into the body. You may be able to find single, working aircraft and add repaints to them. Some Fokkers can be pretty screwed up (if you get my drift)!;)

True there, ;) Would you be able to tell me the name of the file?

True there, ;) Would you be able to tell me the name of the file?

Can't remember right off hand but if you search using FS2004 Fokker 70 or Fokker 100 you will see a bunch of them with the gold checkmark indicating full aircraft. Also a lot of FS2004/FSX models as well.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I would suspect an issue with LOD settings in the model; ...

It was my first idea too, but if I import the model in ModelConverterX there are no LOD levels. Perhaps Rob gave some parts a "visibility range" (if this is possible).

Anyway only the designer of these aircrafts could change this models.

Archived