Eclipse Day

Swoop

I was thinking about the solar eclipse that is happening to day across the US and was wondering IF you flight sim will reproduce this total/partial effect . I am going to set up at my local airport , KBNA , Nashville and see IF this will work.With all the real WX engines out there it May work , im just going to sit on the ramp and see , if any one else wants to try this please leave your comments after the eclipse , it don't matter what your FS is ,FS98/FS9/FSX/P3D ETC , it would be a great experiment just to find out . What you all think ? will it work ? yes or no. :pilot:
"Pilots do it with Thrust"

The limitations of weather in FS9 lead me to think there is no provision for eclipses. I've flown through hurricanes in a light single and it was no worse than a thunderstorm, flying over one in a military jet it looked like normal inclement cloud cover; tornadoes are not represented either. Basically it seems just variations of clear - cloudy - overcast - rain - storm (but no strong storms).

(FWIW, we had an overcast today, couldn't even see the sun; so the eclipse was little more than a darkening for a couple of minutes.)

As far as hurricanes... I have Active Sky Evolution and noticed a hurricane section that's suppose to Sim the winds, etc. I plan on flying my Lear 45 straight into the beast as soon as hurricane season approaches. Good thing it's just a Sim. LOL Actually, I may try my F-22 since I can recover pretty easily from stalls and all kinds of conditions. Thing has power!

Archived