Help with addons. Directory not showing?

crof_s

When I try to add scenery nothing is showing in the 'directory' bar. It just remains blank and I was wondering how to fix this because it is not working and I assume this is why.

I shall include a pic. When I click on a folder nothing shows up.

Untitled.jpg

Are you sure that particular add-on is supposed to be added to the Scenery Library? It looks more like something that you either look inside of, and copy the files there-in into your Add-On Scenery\Scenery folder, or to your \FSX\Scenery\World\scenery folder, or something along those lines.

Does the Readme file say anything about where to stick it, so to speak? I'll wager it tells you just where it goes. May I ask what the name of the zip-file that came in is? Is it free-ware? If it is, may I ask where you got it? I'd like to DL it and look at it, is why.

Not real super helpful, but there it is...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

the reason you don't see a directory name is that in this directory are no .bgl files. It is not that kind of addon scenery.

It's only texture files. And they have to be installed in a different folder.

Read the readme.txt file that is included to see where they go.

Important!

You have to make a backup of the original files.

When you install these texture files, they will overwrite the original texture files.

Make an emplty folder somewhere, call it "Backup of orig tree textures".

Open the empty "Backup..." folder.

Open also the folder with the new files.

And open the folder that the old files are in. (There are also many other files in there btw).

Then look up the filenames of the new files in the old folder,

and copy each "old": file to the backup folder.

When you have all the old files in "Backup"

copy the new files in.

(For extra safety you could actually copy the comlete "Old" Texture folder, with all the extra files as well, to a safe location somewhere.

It's not a bad idea to have a backup of those original textures somewhere.

After all, you may make more changes in the future.)

PS--it's a freeware addon btw, the one I looked at came from Avsim. Filename was: treex_v1.1.zip

by

Aime Leclercq

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PS--it's a freeware addon btw, the one I looked at came from Avsim. Filename was: treex_v1.1.zip

by

Aime Leclercq

I now see that the versions of TreeX in the Library here on Flightsim.com are different.

Also by Aime Leclercq.

These are .exe files.

Filenames: treex_v2.zip And treexv21.zip

Not texture sets that you manually install.

(I'm not sure if a backup is created by the .exe)

As these are so different, tell us which addon you used, and where you got it from.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived