What is the location of the default AFCAD for EGMH Manston?

asos

I need the location of the default AFCAD for EGMH Manston, so I can inactivate it by backing it up--as I have another fw afcad for it and want to work on that. Reason is when I run AFCAD and search for EGMH, it opens the default and I cannot open the addon file for Manston 55 scenery by Ian Elliot.

I had made an AI Traffic file for Manston some time ago and from it I have an an F-86 D and a Jet ProvoTst doing Touch n' Goes and a P-51D showing. I want to add more AI a/c of the 1955 period but I need to be able to access the afcad I have modified some time ago.

The intention is to upload the ai traffic file here when I finish.

Any help will be appreciated...

Nick

Reason is when I run AFCAD and search for EGMH, it opens the default and I cannot open the addon file for Manston 55 scenery by Ian Elliot.

This means that your Manston 55 scenery isn't installed correctly. Are you sure the Manston 55 AFCAD file is inside a scenery folder? The file structure should look like this:

Addon Scenery\Manston 55\Scenery\(AFCAD filename).bgl

And you should have a Scenery.cfg entry pointing to Addon Scenery\Manston 55 too of course.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

tiger1962,

I found it.

It was here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery\AP948130.BGL

I removed it and placed it in a folder here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery\REMOVED\AP948130.BGL

Opening the default EGMH Manston afcad with afcad gave me the address where it was when I opened the Airport Properties window.

Now I can add more AI Traffic a/c to Manston.

When done, I will upload the file at this site.

Nick

First, let's make sure that you are installing things correctly. Did you:

1. In the Manston 55 download, there is a Manston 1955 folder. This entire folder should be copied and pasted into the FS2004/Addon Scenery folder.

2. Then start FS2004, and go to the opening screen (if flying, press Escape and then choose End Flight).

3. Click on Settings, then Scenery Library.

4. Click on Add Area.

5. Browse to the Addon Scenery folder, then click on the Manston 1955 folder. The boxes below should fill with information.

6. Click the OK button. If using System 7 or later, then click the white area of the dialog box. The Manston 1955 scenery layer should now be listed at the top.

7. Click OK. Quit FS.

Now, there are two ways to open files in AFCAD. The first requires that the airport be properly installed as above. The second method does not.

First, File/Open Airport, then:

1. Type in the ICAO code (EGMH) in the box at the top of the Open Airport screen, then press Enter. You will see two entries, one Mod and one Stock. The Manston 55 version is the Mod. Double click the ICAO code and the airport will open.

2. Instead, click the From Specific File radio button. Now click the Open File button just below that. Browse to the FS2004/Addon Scenery/Manston 1955/scenery folder and click on the AF2_Man55.bgl file. Click the Open button. Now click the little + sign at the upper left next to United Kingdom. Click on Manston. Now double click the ICAO code that appeared in the list at the middle right. The airport will open.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Archived