Out of memory

wildtrout

Hello pilots. I'm having the problem with FSX "Your computer has run out of available memory", after about 5 minutes of playing. I have been searching for months to fix this, tried every fix without success. I use GEX ground environment and ultimate terrain. I do have all the service packs and patches. My system is core i7-3770, 16 GB ram, Radeon 7850 2GB. When FSX is running, task manager shows that FSX is using about 1.2 GB and the system is using about 4 GB total. The only other significant program running is malwarebytes at about 300 MB. That leaves more than 11 GB free for use. Why cant FSX access that 11 GB? Are we heading toward a time when windows 10 will no longer run FSX? What is now the Flight sim of the future? I appreciate your help.

FSX is a 32 bit application and as such can only access a max of 4GB of address space (not quite the same thing as RAM). The two most common reasons for the error are either the sim settings are too high for add-ons you are using or there is an issue with one of the add-ons, most likely in the scenery. In either case the sim has used up its address space and crashes. You can try flying from different airports to see if it's specific to one area, in which it would be a scenery issue. On the other side you can try reducing some of the sliders in settings and see if you can complete your flight.

All good comments above. Most (if not all) OOM reports while using FSX are video memory problems.

They can happen even using the himemfix. Reducing graphics settings and or disabling troublesome scenery or add-ons may be necessary. You will have to experiment to discover the offending add-on/scenery. You will likely discover it's the last one you added just prior to the errors showing up.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived