MasterFX Help needed

dehman137

Hello everyone-

I recently reinstalled windows and am getting everything with FSX SE back up to speed. I attempted to reinstall faycheung's MasterFX graphics enhancer but it doesn't work. The strange thing is with all the files dropped in (mastereffect folder, mastereffect.h, keycodes, reshade_settings, reshade.fx and dxgi) the game still starts up fine but the enhancer just doesn't work. Its almost as if my game is just ignoring these files. What is frustrating is that on my old OS setup the game ran with the enhancer just fine but now it just won't cooperate. My current OS is windows 7 64bit with Directx11. Has anyone had this problem before or does anybody have a solution?

Thanks,

dEHmAN137

Hmmmm, I'm not sure what the issue is. In your old PC did you use the Steam version of FSX as well? The only thing I can think of is perhaps the files are in the wrong spot in the FSX directory or your GPU is putting up a fuse.

I'M NOT SAFE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS MESSAGE.

Help:

I have installed Windows 10 64 bit. I was never able to start FSX.

1- The FSX screen appears, Displays the message "Completing the installation, Generating the scenery file indexes".

2- Next: "Generating a database for new scenery files.

3- Then the Windows message appears: "Fatal error, Windows is looking for a solution to the problem".

4- "Microsoft Flight Simulator is restarting". Restarts.

5- Repeat the message 3.

6- "The program stopped working correctly due to a problem. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution exists.

THEN FSX CLOSES AND DOES NOT HAPPEN BUT NOTHING.

Yes I am using FSX SE and have the same GPU with the latest GPU drivers. The weird thing is ENB's work just fine but Masterfx and SweetFX just dont want to work. Very stange

This is for Dota, but apply it to FSX. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=515673481

Archived