Missing texture for 45 sn RAF Tornado

asos

I have installed dsb_tornadogr4_32.zip and I have a missing texture for the RAF 45 squadron aircraft. The model shows ok, but it is all grey and has no textures...

Can anyone help please?

Here is the ac.cfg section:

[fltsim.11]

title=Tornado GR4 - 56 Squadron - CBLS

sim=TornadoGR4

model=GR4_CBLS

panel=

sound=

texture=56

checklists=

description=RAF Tornado GR4 - 45 Squadron\nVersion 3.2\n\nModel by DSB Design\nwww.dsbdesign.cjb.net\nTEXTRES BY WWWUKMIL.ORG.UK

ui_manufacturer=DSB Design

ui_type=Tornado GR4

ui_variation=45 Squadron CBLS

atc_heavy=0

atc_id=ZA588

atc_flight_number=TORN

atc_airline=Air Force

[fltsim.12]

title=Tornado GR4 - 56 Squadron - STORM SHADOW

sim=TornadoGR4

model=GR4_SHADOW

panel=

sound=

texture=45

checklists=

description=RAF Tornado GR4 - 45 Squadron\nVersion 3.2\n\nModel by DSB Design\nwww.dsbdesign.cjb.net\nTEXTRES BY WWWUKMIL.ORG.UK

ui_manufacturer=DSB Design

ui_type=Tornado GR4

ui_variation=45 Squadron SHADOW

atc_heavy=0

atc_id=ZA588

atc_flight_number=TORN

atc_airline=Air Force

Nick

Is there a 45 Squadron operating Tornados in the RAF? New one on me if so. I have heard of 56® which used to be 229 OCU and was the Tornado F3 operational conversion and training unit based at RAF Coningsby back in my service days.

Take a look at your TEXTURE entries where [fltsim.11] lists 56 and [fltsim.12] lists 45. These are two different liveries and one may be non-existant. You will find this by entering your Aircraft file found in the main Fs9 / Aircraft section and looking through the files which have texture.45 or texture.56 as titles. These are essential for a livery to display on your aircraft which will still work without these files but without a colourscheme.

OR

Enter your Aircraft file as found in FS9 / Aircraft etc and retitle one of the existing texture files to texture.56 or texture.45 ... But by doing this lose the livery off another aircraft which that file allied up to beforehand. Not the recommended option - instead you could copy a fairly generic looking livery texture file and rename the copy texture.45 or texture.56 etc.

Otherwise I cannot see anything wrong with the [fltsim] listings you have provided us with above. COULD be wrong let us see if any other responses reveal a better idea but for now this is what I would suggest. Apologies if you already knew a lot of what I have suggested but the Tornado is a fantastic aircraft to fly and I am hoping that this is useful in getting you airborne :)

BTW - I am sure ZA588 in real life served with 617 Sq as a GR1B!

'On the day you finally think you have nothing more to learn in aviation ... Either leave or retire!'

Is there a 45 Squadron operating Tornados in the RAF? New one on me if so. I have heard of 56® which used to be 229 OCU and was the Tornado F3 operational conversion and training unit based at RAF Coningsby back in my service days.

45 Sqn's number plate was assigned to the Tornado force as a 'shadow' number for the Tornado Weapons conversion Unit (TWCU) based at Honington during the period 84 - 92 ish when the TWCU was disbanded and the number plate passed, as a 'reserve' number, to the Multi-Engine Training Sqn at Cranwell, which at the time were flying the Jetstream.

During 85-87, as a member of the Tactical Comms Wing (TCW) I did a number of dets to Honington providing radio comms support for various exercises.

Regards

Brian

Hello Brian, thank you for your insight about 45 Squadron RAF operating Tornados. I too was aware of 45® Squadron based at Cranwell and the fuselage from one of their Jetstreams is preserved at the South Yorks Air Museum near Doncaster. Though I think there is a fully preserved one IIRC at Cosford.

I hope you are well - thanks again.

'On the day you finally think you have nothing more to learn in aviation ... Either leave or retire!'

Ok, I DL'd that zip file and looked inside it.

From what I can see, the texture that goes with the model shown in your aircraft.cfg section should be IX(B)_Squadron , not 45.

Maybe I got the wrong zip file, but it has the same name. I DL'd it from Simviation, if that matters.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived