Nor-Cal Wilga Tundra vc windows cloudy

simtech95209

I d/l the Nor-Cal Wilga from Simviation for my FSX Accel and it is a good little STOL aircraft originally modeled for FS9 based on the "Wicked Wilga" model. External views through the glass are normal, outward looking from 2D cockpit is normal. However, when in vc view, the outward view is normal for about five seconds, flashes a couple of times and turns light blue/gray (totally omitting the outside view). I do not have DX10 preview checked. I checked all the textures with Imagetool and the ones I see are all dxt3. I've googled the problem and someone mentioned a "rain fix for the vc" for the "Wicked Wilga", but it did not make any difference other than make the scene black instead of gray. This was discussed around 2008. I d/l Wicked Wilga and the view is still the same from that model. There is no 2D in the Wicked model but the vc is still gray.

Any ideas? The gauges work fine in vc, just looking through the windows after five seconds and it's like they're painted grayish.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Terry

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Hi Simtech,

I don't have a solution but it seems that it's a glass "texture" problem. I'll look into it. But a bit of warning. The aircraft.cfg is a mess. It has 3 fltsim sections, two of which are duplicates, and only one with a reference to a texture that exists. But more importantly the instructions say to add files to the Sound folder. It doesn't make clear which Sound folder. There's a cfg file that definitely does not belong in the main FSX folder.

Jim F.

Jim, You're right I noticed the cfg needed cleaned up. I was hoping I could find a fix for the glass in vc to determine if I should input all the time. Otherwise, pleasant little plane in out of the way places. I only updated the sound folder in the aircraft folder, not the FSX on. I rarely touch than one..(I protect it) Thanks for looking. Terry

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Hi Terry

I looked at the files but wasn't able to find the problem ones. I've had good luck fixing black glass when there was a file named glass.bmp but that's not the case here. There are people who frequent this forum that I suspect have the ability to solve this if we can just get them interested. Now's their chance to strut their stuff!

Jim F.

Jim, Thank you for looking. I checked the textures with imagetool and couldn't see anything obvious. Hopefully, someone much smarter than I can shed some light on this.

Hi,

I don't know what's happening here. As I subscribe to this thread I received a messge yesterday saying there was a new post. It was from "f16jockey_2" but when I tried to view it on the site it was not there. Here's the text from the email:

First, I'm not sure I downloaded the correct aircraft.

I have downloaded from Simviation Props Page 18.

I found a broken panel.cfg, with no 2D panel. And I have no sound wso.

Good news is I don't have issues with the VC glass.

Then this link to an image:

http://i.imgur.com/YLENkdJ.png

And finally:

*So please confirm first we're talking the same download ?*

Wim

If Wim sees this, yes that's one that I tried and are you running Acceleration?

Jim F.

Hadn't tested thoroughly. As soon as it starts raining, the windows go blue as well. That's why I deleted the post.

One thing is certain, the Rain Fix *should* solve this, but it doesn't.

I have no idea why, as I have the genuine Microsoft Rain Fix textures installed, not the Flight1 dummy solution.

I'm running FSX Deluxe Boxed w/ Accel. DX10 Preview with Steve's fixer.

Didn't expect someone to retrieve that post. :mad::mad: :cool:

Here's the pic.

http://i.imgur.com/YLENkdJ.png

Btw Did you notice the panel.cfg contains no gauges at all, except for the GPS and radio stack.

It means they're hard-coded in GMax. Respect!

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Hi Wim,

I run DX9. I'll try just plain DX10 and see what happens. But first, the Panel folder that I have has tons of files in addition to the Panel.cfg. The gauges pointed to seem to be in these folders:

Capture.JPG

This is the download unzipped. I've changed things around so much that I wasn't sure about the latest install. After checking lots of posts I can't find where anyone recently solved the problem. I think it likely that the fixes worked properly before either SP1 or SP2 was installed. I know initially when I installed FSX I couldn't see the taxiway signs on the system I had then. After the update the signs looked fine but I was getting 3 or 4 FPS. The update did something to the graphics.

Jim F.

Dear F-16.. Your view looks great, however, my panel doesn't have the same avionics as yours and I'm not running Steve's fixer as I don't use DX-10. Even when I put clear weather I still can't see anything. When I installed JF rain fix it made things worse. The view is not light blue anymore, it's black. I'm not sure if it's the same download..here's the file name:

http://simviation.com:8888/download?file=FSXSpwilgatundrahunter.zip&sessionId=s2eef658osu4cr8sdbtfj0sbp6

My download has a 2D cockpit, but there were no avionics and the IAS gauge was inop. I traded that out and I added a Bendix panel. It flies fine, just this pesky annoyance in VC view. I appreciate the time people are examining this. Hopefully something will result. Thank you for your efforts.. Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

ERIK Here,I Downloaded The WILGA From Simviation, I Too Have The Black Windows As Mentioned, I Tried Removing Various Bits From Some Textures, No Joy. I Did Notice That When Changing Views From Reduced Screen To Full Screen I Get A Few Seconds Of Clear Windows, Then Back To Black. This Also Happens On The NIEUPORT 17, Although In This Case The Windscreen Is Grey,i Realise That This Model Is Really For FS9, But I Hoped It Might Work. Any Ideas Or Solutions.

Cheers ERIK

Archived