Save real-world weather for future offline session?

N33029

Gang,

I'm running FS X SE and I'm wondering if there is a way to save the real-world weather after I download it for use in a future session. The goal is to have weather and winds aloft but without needing to go online to have them over a wide area and without needing to spend a lot of time creating them manually.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Isn't running FSX-SE "Offline" the same as I run Boxed version of FSX? You are still plugged into the Internet, you are just not running your Sim through Steam. I would think that the saved weather would just update after 15 minutes.

I guess my question is: Do you lose all connection to real-world weather if you are not connected to Steam? If so, that's a bummer!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Isn't running FSX-SE "Offline" the same as I run Boxed version of FSX? You are still plugged into the Internet, you are just not running your Sim through Steam. I would think that the saved weather would just update after 15 minutes.

I guess my question is: Do you lose all connection to real-world weather if you are not connected to Steam? If so, that's a bummer!

I'm a bit short on answers but I do know that FS9 could get real world weather back in the day. I did fly with real weather on SE once, but I can't be sure that what I did was download it and then disconnect from the internet so I could sit down with my laptop and fly. The surface winds were like 23 knots where I was that day and I got to see how much better the turbulence is on FS X, too, it was just like the real thing.

I've seen videos of sessions with more than one player on YouTube. They remind me of C.B. radio back before the internet. A bunch of people clowning around.

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

From what I see in saved flights, weather stations in a radius of roughly 140-150 Nm around your current position are saved with the flight (the .WX file ?). Outside that radius, the weather stations are blank.

So I suppose (haven't tried it, and not planning to do so) that within that 150Nm radius you'll get a static snapshot of the weather from the time of the save, and outside you'll get ... ???

If you're interested, try it I'd say.

Save a flight while in online weather and refly it offline (without changing anything to the weather !).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Archived