Dual boot OS and FSX on M2 Pcie drives

Hello.

I have just built a top end computer water cooled looking for 6 ghs on cpu. Dual boot W7andW10, I have two M2 pice evo drives each 232 gbs and want the best set up, there are several combinations, but want to get advantage of both drives,

So thinking maybe, Partitions, both OS on one pcie drive and both FSXs on the other Pcie drive plus a bit of sceanery airports only, say one M2 SSD with Windows 7 and Windows 10 in respective Partitios and the other M2 SSDS with W7s FSX 80gbs, W10s FSX 80gbs and Airports about 60 gbs.

Or each Pcei drive with its own OS and FSX, but to me this is not making use of two working drive heads reading together

SSDs must have some sort of drive head even thow it is not a moving head,

My flying is full IFR hence airports only. Need an installation expert advice, out there.

Thanks

Alan

SSDs do not have "some sort of drive head" - SSD technology is entirely different than a spinning drive with a read/write head. You're applying HDD partition strategy to SSD, and while separating the OS from FSX may be advisable, it's probably going to make scant difference performance-wise, maybe a couple of milliseconds, being as fast as M2 pcie performs. Putting your scenery\airports on a separate partition seems like overkill, too.

Archived