Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are the chances??

1. Default

This is the thread I meant. I'm not sure if the addon also adds eclipses.
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...Holkham-Bay-AL

2. Default

Found it. The addon I meant is "Autostar X v1.0.1 for FSX" available on flyawaysimulation. (find using google, is faster).

Again, don't know if it adds eclipses.

Installing is not straightforward. Read this for example:
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...7-Stars-in-FSX

----
    searching "Stars fsx" (google), I also found an Fsdeveloper thread on a new stars addon. Only read the cut bits that google showed, from that it seemed unfinished, but who knows.

Thanks everyone! Only getting around 70% coverage here in the Bay Area so I thought about jumping into an aircraft and flying in the "Total Zone" to check it out.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Well at San Francisco YOU KNOW the fog will be thick all day that day. Happens all the time. We (Salinas) also could have fog, or more correct, 'marine layer' clouds all day. I don't plan to do anything 'special' Aug 21 other than to take 3 hour nap. Wake me when it's over (ha).
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Special sunglasses; cardboard boxes with pinholes?

I don't need no stinkin' sunglasses!

The big solar eclipse here in Europe was back in August 1999.

Having learned about it in school back in the 50's, I waited literally 40 years for the big day.

I even crossed the English Channel to Northern France to be in the middle of the path of totality.

Guess what?

It was cloudy and the eclipse was cancelled!

My Wife, back in Southern England had a better view from our front garden.

Being a TG, I tried to get a refund on the travel insurance, but they refused, saying it was an Act of God!

Hope you have better luck than me...

That stars add-on sounds nice, but ever since I started using Active Sky Evolution there's always a thin cloud layer 99% of the time in the sky and I can't even see my stars. LOL I plan on buying Active sky 16, because little did I know, Active sky cloud art requires it.

Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced | i5 6600k | 2666 MHz Ballistix Tactical RAM | Crucial MX300 256GB SSD | 1 TB Hitachi platter | GTX 560TI |Logitech Z 5300 5.1 audio | Logitech mouse/keyboard, feed the mouse
    My forum project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2