Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PMDG-737 NGX fora noob!!!

thanks for the information. I have heard of FS2Crew. but what is the MCE one? and you are correct about the single pilot flying. that is difficult and boring. I might look into FS2crew.
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    3.10ghz processor windows 7 64 bit.
    desktop

Quote Originally Posted by CessnaFlyer View Post
    thanks for the information. I have heard of FS2Crew. but what is the MCE one? and you are correct about the single pilot flying. that is difficult and boring. I might look into FS2crew.
    MCE is the "Multi Crew Experience" addon. It basically does the same thing as Fs2Crew, but it is less detailed by default. The big plus is, that MCE works with all your aircraft, whereas each Fs2Crew product is specific for only one single addon. MCE is speech recognition only, and you have to like doing that - talking to your computer. Fs2Crew usually has a button controlled version too (make sure to check that it really does). I have both apps, for variety. Plus, MCE allows me to talk to ATC, and that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by evm View Post
    MCE is the "Multi Crew Experience" addon. It basically does the same thing as Fs2Crew, but it is less detailed by default. The big plus is, that MCE works with all your aircraft, whereas each Fs2Crew product is specific for only one single addon. MCE is speech recognition only, and you have to like doing that - talking to your computer. Fs2Crew usually has a button controlled version too (make sure to check that it really does). I have both apps, for variety. Plus, MCE allows me to talk to ATC, and that I really like.
    you mean the default ATC? that you don't need to push the keys on the keyboard? does it work for Unicom as well?
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

Quote Originally Posted by CessnaFlyer View Post
    you mean the default ATC? that you don't need to push the keys on the keyboard? does it work for Unicom as well?
    Default ATC, RadarContact and PFE.

MCE is basically a voice controlled keyboard and sim event handler. If it doesn't recognize a certain phrase in the ATC process, you just say "Select three" and it will trigger the third option in the ATC window. But the best part is, that you have a virtual first officer too, whom you can talk to. He/she does things for you as well, even down to complex procedures (MCE is script based, you can even make your own). And you can tell him/her to handle ATC for you.
    But I admit that I don't have experience with Unicom.

Search on YouTube for videos made by David Herky. A few years back he did a lot of MCE stuff. And for more information about the NGX with Fs3Crew watch the old frooglesim videos.
    Last edited by evm; 08-11-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evm View Post
    Default ATC, RadarContact and PFE.

MCE is basically a voice controlled keyboard and sim event handler. If it doesn't recognize a certain phrase in the ATC process, you just say "Select three" and it will trigger the third option in the ATC window. But the best part is, that you have a virtual first officer too, whom you can talk to. He/she does things for you as well, even down to complex procedures (MCE is script based, you can even make your own). And you can tell him/her to handle ATC for you.
    But I admit that I don't have experience with Unicom.

Search on YouTube for videos made by David Herky. A few years back he did a lot of MCE stuff. And for more information about the NGX with Fs3Crew watch the old frooglesim videos.
    ah ok I will have to have a look at those. and see if it works for the CTAF is what I meant not Unicom. lol if it would work with that would be really awesome.
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

I just read this about Multi Crew Experience and all I can say is WOW! This seems like the ticket. I'm going to give it a shot using their demo. I LOL at this part:

It’s worth noting here that, depending on the options which you select in Multi Crew Experience’s Control Panel, you can have the co-pilot behave in a number of ways. If you like, you can have him monitor your actions closely, or you can have him carry out your commands without question and pretty much everywhere in between those two extremes.

So, you’ll find that should you ask him to lower the gear on a 737, he can perform a speed check to ensure you are below the recommended 235 knot gear movement speed for that aircraft, and you will hear him make that check and either confirm the action and do it, or perhaps question things if you are exceeding the recommended parameters. You can, of course, choose to override his caution too, if you like to live dangerously. But if you do, don’t expect him to sit in silence while you risk his virtual life and that of your passengers. I even heard him swear once! Yes, really.

Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced | i5 6600k | 2666 MHz Ballistix Tactical RAM | Crucial MX300 256GB SSD | 1 TB Hitachi platter | GTX 560TI |Logitech Z 5300 5.1 audio | Logitech mouse/keyboard, feed the mouse
    My forum project

I like the sound that you can deal with the default atc. but what about non-toward fields? I will also have to check to see if this works with the default planes?
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

8. Default

evm,
    Liking the sound of MCE as well.

You say: "sim event handler"
    Does that mean that, when flying the default 737, I can say something like "gear up" to make the gear lift?
    Would be nice that.
    ("set mcp altitude 27.000" would be even better!)

And, if gear up, etc, is possible, is there much setting up involved? need to assign 'a phrase' to 'a key event'???
    Or is it in large part set up already when you install?
    is there any assigning you can do in case things aren't as you want it?

thank you.
    Last edited by il88pp; 08-12-2017 at 03:30 PM.

does it work in the FSX missions or just free flight?
    8 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    desktop

10. Default

Hi Cessna,.
    I found a whole bunch of info on the MCE site. See link below.
    You can pick up a lot from the screenshots of the app.

Also, there is a fully functional Demo. Time limited.
    I haven't found the exact limit yet. On the "Home" tab on the site it says "time limited". But on the FAQ it says: "if you have a problem, "don't keep restarting the app over and over", as that counts towards your allotted number of uses of the trial. (You are advised to contact them instead.)

link:
    http://www.multicrewxp.com/Screenshots.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast