FS Genesis terrain mesh coverage areas

Roger Wensley

This is a follow-on question to my previous thread post about terrain mesh. Is there somewhere a map showing which areas are covered by the different FS Genesis terrain meshes? I ask this because I have had for years the 38m coverage of Canada, and have recently installed the 76m mesh for northern Canada (there is no northern 38m). I am wondering if there is a gap between the two, as I have found that Igloolik CYGT which is at 173 feet in real life and in default FS9 is still surrounded by flat terrain at 0 feet. I don't see anything on the FSGenesis site where I can check the coverage. Or an email address where I can ask a question.

I do not know if this is from FSGenesis or FSGlobal (someone familiar with filenames should know instantly), I copied it from a full map dated 2004 and reduced for upload here (original shows the entire planet in 8.6k x 4k gif, about 2meg)

mesh.png

The FSGenesis 38m Canada terrain mesh comes in 5 parts from west to east, and the 76m north Canada covers all the north in one go, so I suspect that this map shows 19m coverage. But thanks anyway. In reality I have to put up with whatever I bought but it made me curious.

I do not know if this is from FSGenesis or FSGlobal (someone familiar with filenames should know instantly), I copied it from a full map dated 2004 and reduced for upload here (original shows the entire planet in 8.6k x 4k gif, about 2meg)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]199083[/ATTACH]

I believe this was from free USGS download, and all of it was in 76m level.

Archived