P3DV4 upgrade from P3DV2 question?

joshuamarcee

I have not been on in a couple of years. So any input will help. I have P3DV2(runs well) and I am on a ASUS republic of gaming... INTEL CORE i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40 ghz 2.40 ghz 16gb memory 64 bit operating system x64 based processer.

My question is if I upgrade to P3DV4 will it run the same as the V2 or will there be degredation on my system that works well already? I do not want to upgrade to stronger LAPtop if I have too. Also is there a discount on price if I were to upgrade to V4, since I already have V2?

I have not been on in a couple of years. So any input will help. I have P3DV2(runs well) and I am on a ASUS republic of gaming... INTEL CORE i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40 ghz 2.40 ghz 16gb memory 64 bit operating system x64 based processer.

My question is if I upgrade to P3DV4 will it run the same as the V2 or will there be degredation on my system that works well already? I do not want to upgrade to stronger LAPtop if I have too. Also is there a discount on price if I were to upgrade to V4, since I already have V2?

Don't waste your time.

V4 is a different order of complexity and you need a strong everything system-wise.

V4 will run, but you will only be wasting your money as there is no discount. P3D v4 is an entirely separate product.

Buy new hardware, then reconsider.

Completely agree with Mark. Your current system will barely run v4 - stay with v2 or kick in for a much stronger system.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived