flying bike

neilfb

I can help you but I need the filename or author so I can download it and work on it.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I meant the zip or author of the 'flying bike'. If I remember right Bill Lyons might of made a bike like that. I had that bike. Might have to look in SurClaro site. Googled it but got nothing. But if it is a macro you are looking for then I can't help. I have FDEs for Harley and for Indian motorcycles. Also FDEs for Kaz Ito's 'Air Bike for Sylph' that has jet engine but prop sound and it has floats. With spoiler deployed it hovers at 5 kts and will hold altitude as long as you give it throttle. Goes 128 kts. Stops on a dime (cut throttle). Now all we need is the bike model. Should be fun - if we can find it.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I am the author of the bike. I made it in Abacus's FSDS years ago. The bike is included in my Lake District Scenery. ld.zip but for some reason a search can't seem to find it. Look under Neil Birch and it's on page 12, `A Week in the Lakes for FS 2002 and 2004.

Neil,

Sorry I had a busy day and then I worked on FDE for a bike. It's 3:30 am now (PST) and just now looked at LD.zip and spoted the bike (NFB_Mk1.zip). I looked yesterday but somehow I missed it. I will work on the FDE tonight and get back to you tamale (Tue) about 3 pm (PST). Question: How fast do you want it to go? Do you mind if it's jet engine? You can sub the sound to be quiet, as opposed to being loud jet, if you prefer. It goes 120 mph now 'as is' and hovers around 6 kts (depends on wind). I'm on it. Later.

Chuck B

Napamule

Well after 4 differet FDEs, and trial & error sessions, I made one that works good. Not 100% but close enough. Yet it will need tweaking due to 3 or 4 issues. So I took a break and made a short video. It's 'unlisted' so won't be seen unless I give link. I need to get some sleep and will finish it up tonight. Here is video link:

Chuck B

Napamule

Come right in...but please leave your wings out on the porch (hehe).

Neil,

Well I got it working good in FSX Acceleration. In fact doing so helped me improve the cnt pts for FSX so FS9 performance improved too. Not speed, just how it sits on ground. The wheels no longer sink in ground (phew!). But not done yet. Have to polish up a few things.

I found out that if I shut the engine off the rider's legs (and pants) appear. Of course the 'L' key brings out the campstove, with fire, and the giant tent with rider sitting on ground (this is really cool). I really like this 'stuff'. Good show Neil. Making another video. I will finish and upload cfg and air files to Media Fire file host. You will have to get your own panel and sound. How's a re-upload of bike to share with simmers? (I need the publicity-hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

Well we are flying now! Made a video. Neil Birch's 'Flying Bike', Tourer MK1, in FSX Acceleration. It's much better but I am still polishing the details as you can only do so much in ONE day! Here is Link:

. Too much fun already.

Chuck B

Napamule

That's great but it's too fast, remember we are touring the Lake District not following the Red Arrows down the valley. 40 mph is fast enough. I really wanted the bike graphically redesigning as it is looking its age! Neil B

Well I asked 'how fast do you want it?' I can slow it down. OR you could pedal slower (hehe). The reason it is so fast is (1). They are the FDEs I made for Hama's Honda CBR1000 (2). I have only worked on it ONE day! And about the bike model: it's ok - what is 'curious' is the rider not having legs. Model glitch? The legs are there when you turn engine off, of course. I never modeled. I just 'do' FDEs. All in all I consider it a good week FOR ME because I got your bike. I love vehicles, bikes, tanks, ufo's, etc. I don't do tubes anymore. Just GA. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived