Le Mans 4 FSX

okdaley

When I was a young boy, I loved making model airplanes that I could hang on my bedroom ceiling. When about 11 or so I got into car modeling, and absolutely loved it. Slot car racing came out by the time I was 13. I could make new car models that could race on large slot car tracks.

Polks was on 32'nt and 5th. They had a few large tracks that were always busy with events. The cars were 1/25th scale.

playland.png

( Community Spirit )

The home made slot car chassis consisted of a lot of soldered copper tubing that housed an electric motor that Polks made special. You could also get clear plastic bodies that you could paint from the inside so it would shine from the outside.

Although passionate about auto racing over the years, I can't say that PC racing games have ever impressed me as much as the Hands On 3D virtual world of FSX. FS2000 got me hooked, so when I launched FSX Gold, that captured me for years of sim flight.

I will never be an actual pilot, but have flown all kinds of craft just about everywhere, including lapping the equator with a Fire Fox while chasing the Sun at 1,000 miles per hour.

Chasing_theSun.jpg

I also have sailed the oceans and seas in Hama's boats and ships as well as set up large navy's all over the globe in FSX in different historical fleets and modern ones too.

FSX_Navy.jpg

If to only have arrestor cables that could work on a moving aircraft carrier, then perhaps one could land a jet on it, but vintage craft too can offer their own challenges.

FSX I also discovered to be a very appealing virtual world when wanting to build out for things that you like to do; or would actually like to do. For that reason, Sim Racing of hot cars was something I saw as part of FSX's natural evolution in fun!

Le_Mans_4_FSX_R10.jpg

About actually getting to Le Mans, well, not sure about that. But what I am sure of is what you can get out of Le Mans 4 FSX!

Compatible with FSX Gold, FSX Acceleration, FSX Steam Multiplayer Edition -

By O.K Daley / dba: AutoSportsSimulations.com

Can't say that I am that old or actually young. But with respect to wanting to keep sharp through out my time, one thing I like keeping constant is reflex training.

Driving at Le Mans 4 FSX, or for that matter, at Indy 4 FSX, and other great race tracks by AutoSportsSimulations.com is great for reflex training.

As an example, given a quarter second of distraction, a car ahead, or one that is passing, could leave you behind. It could seem intense if that is where your barometer is in hands on simulation. But it can also be a lot of fun in leisure driving, as its simply a virtual world where you make that call.

But frankly, given Le Mans 4 FSX, and its freeware cars that can hold steady at 240 to 280 mph in simulation, well, I simply can't resist wanting to set lap records in its rendering of the famous Circuit de La Sarthe at Le Mans.

There is only so much that you can predict as an event in racing at Le Mans 4 FSX. Regardless if in multi-player, or off line using FS Recorder tracks to race against, there is a level of event randomness with respect to the population of competing vehicles and the speeds that you travel.

This is where I really get a lot out of what it requires in reflex training. There are no canned events of AI that you cycle through and eventually predict, as in both the cases of multi-player, or via FS Recorder tracks, every driver's objective is to win.

The relative velocity of vehicles that are also doing between 230 to 280 mph, with respect to each other and you, and the conditions that you are in, and while having to also think of multiple strategies as conditions change every 1/4 second, and how not to over drive, and how to take advantage of inefficiencies of other drivers in the way they enter a chicane as an example in order to over come them, while not running out of gas, certainly affords a lot for reflex training.

The Drivers manual will also help a lot when wanting to learn some of the insights gathered in testing cars at high speeds in Le Mans 4 FSX.

You can get the drivers manual here:

Morning Stretch at Le Mans 4 FSX: aka - testing V1.3 cars

This video demonstrates the first 25 fastest Version 1.3 cars in test with respect to each other.

Their speeds range from 230-280 mph down the Mulsanne Straight and on the back end Route d14 that makes up the Circuit de la Sarthe in Le Mans 4 FSX.

Although it is a very high speed competitive drive, focus is in having each car doing lap tests under stress with respect to speed and driving conditions.

In Version 1.3 cars, FSX aircraft principles have been further incorporated to provide down draft that is relative to speed; and speed braking based on wind spoilers - Additionally there is further tightening of suspension systems; and also driving, braking, and night lighting included.

In the video, some of the cars do fly, just like at Le Mans; but these FSX cars have better recovery.

Most of the 25 cars noted, have siblings which make up an additional set in order to test the tweaks. They are not shown in this video.

Le Mans 4 FSX GT Cars follow, but are not demonstrated in this video.

Please Enjoy -

OKD -

Archived