Transfer files to SSD

ronsrubin

I just bought a new Samsung 500Gb SSD and want to transfer my MS FSX files to it. What's the easiest & best way to do this? Will this be an advantage over having all those files on my C drive?

Thanks for the help.

Ron

ASUS Z270 motherboard; Intel I5 7600 Kaby Lake 3.8Gb processor; 16Gb Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum memory; 650 Watt Bronze power supply; 200R ATX Mid- Tower; Nvidia 750ti graphics card.

Yes, my FSX is currently on my C drive. I have GEX North America as an add-on as well as a few other aircraft. My SSD is designated as drive G. I also have FSUIPC, the paid version. I forgot to mention I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Yes, my FSX is currently on my C drive. I have GEX North America as an add-on as well as a few other aircraft. My SSD is designated as drive G. I also have FSUIPC, the paid version. I forgot to mention I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Moving to an SSD will improve loading times, but not frame rates. It may help with stuttering, if this is an issue with your system.

With GEX, the best option will be to uninstall and reinstall in the new location. FSX alone can usually just be copied, as well as most freeware add-ons, but commercial add-ons often have their own registry settings that would be broken if the sim was moved.

If you have windows 7, 8, or 10, here is link to information you need to make, and burn to cd, a ISO image of your hard drive. It has step-by-step instructions with pictures. Link: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4241/how-to-create-a-system-image-in-windows-7/ .

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived