Need to download FSX without the CDs

So I had FSX installed on my old computer which is now dead, and would like to reinstall the sim on my new computer but the problem is that I don't have any CD drive installed in it. Where can I find a legit copy online to download and enter my product key? Thanks

The PC (desktop, I hope, and not laptop) might be 'dead' but the files (FSX) are still there in the HDrive you had it installed in. Shut down and disconnect your PC power cable. Wait 2 minutes. Take that hard drive and plug it in your new PC. Don't worry if it was drive 'C' as it can now be drive 'D' or 'E'. Windows will assign a letter automatically after you restart your PC. Go delete your FSX CFG (FSX will build a new one). Then go from there.

No copy online is available anywhere (and if it did exist I would NOT trust it AT ALL!!!). EVER! Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi franklin.

I'm assuming you have either FSX Standard or Deluxe. On a computer that has a DVD drive and USB port copy the contents of both discs to a single folder on a thumb drive. Many of the files are present on both discs so just skip when asked. On your computer copy the new folder to your drive. Run Setup.exe. Setup may work directly from the thumb drive but may ask you to insert the non-existent second disc.

Purchasing the Steam edition might be the best solution as it includes the very worthwhile Acceleration pack.

Jim F.

I would recommend FSX Steam edition. If you have not installed FSX on your new computer yet, just about every add on should work. If you have installed FSX then some addons may not install or work.

I have had FSX SE since it came out and flown about 500 hours. Have not had one lock-up, a momentary freeze or a single crash-to-desktop. FSX SE also runs smoother and faster.

Archived