Is the position of the Sun in FSX correct or incorrect?

Well we (?) will be here argueing about if the sun is right, or not, till the cows come home. And all it takes is $12 to find out it don't make any difference. Therefore: This is not a scientific survey, or question, but merelay a ADVERTISEMENT for the 'sun fix'. Right? Right!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I don't know about the demo, but the sun position in FSX is correct. Use any online computer for sun azimuth and elevation at a lat long and set up your flight, ensuring you have UTC/GMT correctly set in the sim.

scott s.

Well we (?) will be here argueing about if the sun is right, or not, till the cows come home. And all it takes is $12 to find out it don't make any difference. Therefore: This is not a scientific survey, or question, but merelay a ADVERTISEMENT for the 'sun fix'. Right? Right!

Chuck B

Napamule

Thank you my friend for your kind words.

Nobody can force other people to do anything that they don't want to. If I made a demo I really wanted to find an answer because some people asked me about the wrong position of the Sun in Flight simulator and I think it is correct in my system. If you think it was an advertisement then I removed the demo link and lets other people talk about their experiences.

I don't know about the demo, but the sun position in FSX is correct. Use any online computer for sun azimuth and elevation at a lat long and set up your flight, ensuring you have UTC/GMT correctly set in the sim.

scott s.

Thank you my friend for your reply.

Hi victor,

There is a Ford Trimotor for FSX that features a sun compass. It seems the aircraft was used by Floyd Bennet to overfly the south pole and a magnetic compass was inaccurate for this. This may be of help to you in determining how accurately the sun's position is displayed in FSX. I never got around to figuring out how to use it. This may be of help to some of your inquisitive friends.

Jim F.

PS

After scanning this thread I see you deleted a reference. Are you trying to determine the accuracy of a program you're trying to sell? I have no problem if that's the case. People here are pretty much helpful regardless.

Hi victor,

There is a Ford Trimotor for FSX that features a sun compass. It seems the aircraft was used by Floyd Bennet to overfly the south pole and a magnetic compass was inaccurate for this. This may be of help to you in determining how accurately the sun's position is displayed in FSX. I never got around to figuring out how to use it. This may be of help to some of your inquisitive friends.

Jim F.

PS

After scanning this thread I see you deleted a reference. Are you trying to determine the accuracy of a program you're trying to sell? I have no problem if that's the case. People here are pretty much helpful regardless.

I am a developer and I made an accurate set of Time Zones for FSX and P3D with correct DST and I believe when you have correct time zones, the sun and daylight in Flight Simulator must be like they are in the real world but I received feedback from people who are using my time zones and they think the sun position and daylight still are not as real as they should be. I made a demo and asked people to share their opinion but when I saw some friends think I am trying to force other people to buy my product, I removed the demo link because I don't like to be a seller man instead of a developer!

But today I received a positive feedback from other friend confirmed the sun position is working correctly with correct time zones.

Anyway, thanks for your time and reply. :)

We in the forums are not dummies. We call a apple an apple. Payware or freeware has no bearing on facts. The 'fact' is you joined 'July 2017'. That alone raises a red flag about your intentions. Sorry but that is how I see it. Those that offered 'positive feedback' I guess bought your product? Or are they annonymous? Or in your mind? Pull the wool over my eyes some other day. I can see right thru you 'My Friend'. Go fish!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Not sure about the sun, but the moon phase seems correct. When I was in FS2004, over time the moon phase went to hell. Even when the moon rose and set.

unnecessarily longest movie I ever seen. And I thought JFK was long.

We in the forums are not dummies. We call a apple an apple. Payware or freeware has no bearing on facts. The 'fact' is you joined 'July 2017'. That alone raises a red flag about your intentions. Sorry but that is how I see it. Those that offered 'positive feedback' I guess bought your product? Or are they annonymous? Or in your mind? Pull the wool over my eyes some other day. I can see right thru you 'My Friend'. Go fish!

Chuck B

Napamule

Dear my friend,

I really like the way you talk! I wonder how a first class member who joined from 2001 and must be a hero in flight simulator denying this real fact mother born flight simulator time zones issues! Have you ever tried to fly Flight Simulator as a virtual airline pilot just like real world? Do you think, time zones are perfect in FSX? Without FSRealTime and correction already made to those time zones in different times by different people Flight Simulator's built in time zones are the worst.

Because you think I am going to be rich with this addon!, Let me clear something: with $9 price for an addon who is used by special type of people (flight simulator users) who are a very small community of people living in this big and crowded world (1000 to 5000 active users in front of 4.000.000.000 population of the world) nobody can make money at all! there are better businesses which bring money for the owner without any problem.;)

I am a simmer myself who started to fly FSX about 8 years ago and I have a lot of different addons for my flight simulator in these years but when I understood this time zone issues won't be fixed, I started to work myself together with some friends (from scratch) and after almost 6 months, could make a new fix and I know it works fine.

At the moment it is not free because I have to cover expenses I made for this project (making website, Domain, hosting, SSL certificate, code signing and support those people already using my addon)

When I talk about something here in this forum, it doesn't mean it should happen right here! There are different communication channels these days. from other forums, facebook,... then it is not in my mind, it is real but somewhere else!

Take a look at this forum which we are talking exactly about time zone fixer and we try to make it better every day:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/515676-fix-all-time-zone-problems/?do=findComment&comment=3674560

Not sure about the sun, but the moon phase seems correct. When I was in FS2004, over time the moon phase went to hell. Even when the moon rose and set.

unnecessarily longest movie I ever seen. And I thought JFK was long.

Archived